Data Science Director
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.Data Science DirectorLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Amgen is seeking a Director of Data Sciences to be based in our Thousand Oaks, CA global headquarters, who will report into the Executive Director of Data Sciences within the Center for Design and Analysis (CfDA). The CfDA Data Science team applies advanced analytics to create insights for Clinical Development to help bring important treatments to patients. Our goal is to drive systematic utilization of data, analytics, and automation across all aspects of the business to reduce costs and increase speed and efficiency.
- Coordinate with Data Science Head to help set vision, mission, and strategy for CfDA Data Sciences group
- Identify high-value projects across Clinical Development
- Advise Data Science Head during prioritization, resource, and funding decisions
- Establish annual goals for CfDA Data Scientists
- Ensures CfDA Data Scientists team delivers high-quality deliverables
- Coordinates with IS / other analytical organizations on analytical platform and data strategies
- Provide strategic, operational, and technical leadership for CfDA Data Scientists
- Promote standard strategy and approaches to data science problems
- Works closely with CfDA Data Science to ensure the success of the CfDA Data Science org
- Provide technical expertise and excellence in data science
- Provide team with specific technical leadership in modern machine and deep learning methods
- Remain abreast of innovative data science trends and helps set the vision for Data Science capability within CfDA
- Collaborate with and build partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders; interact with customers
- Coordinate with the CfDA knowledge management and data engineering leads to deliver high-value projects on time
- Lead and/or participate in priority, cross-functional workstreams to improve Clinical Development
- Hire, manage, and develop CfDA Data Scientists
- Interface strategically with outsourcing partners and vendors to ensure efficiency, quality, and consistency with project and functional goals
- Advise in the selection of outsourcing partners and vendors
- Lead and/or participate in the development, review and approval of CfDA Policies, SOPs and other controlled documents
- Participate in external professional organizations, conferences and/or meetings
- Provide leadership to the continuous operational efficiency and effectiveness of CfDA Data Science
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients.
- Doctorate degree and 8 years of Scientific and/or work-related experience
- OR Masters degree and 10 years of Scientific and/or work-related experience
- OR Bachelors degree and 12 years of Scientific and/or work-related experience
- Three years of experience managing data science teams
- Five years of applying modern machine-learning, deep-learning, and artificial intelligence methods in a production setting
- Doctorate or Masters degree in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Computer Science, Medical Informatics or other subject with high data sciences content or Medical degree with observational research/data sciences experience
- 6 years of experience in clinical research and/or predictive analytics
- Experience analyzing clinical trial, real world, and/or omics data
- Record of publications in clinical research
- Experience with design, execution, analysis of clinical research studies within Pharma/Public Health setting and communicating clinical research information (written and oral); research to support drug development; clinical research project planning and management; working in multi-disciplinary teams
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.