Global Medical Communications Manager - Cardiovascular TA
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Global Medical Communications Manager Cardiovascular TALive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for developing high quality, scientifically rigorous resources that adhere to internal guidelines, SOPs, policies and industry regulations.
- Developing de novo Global Core Content (GCC) that is either disease-state or product specific for downstream regional/local uses, such as for Medical Information, Scientific Congresses, and Medical Science Liaisons
- Create innovative scientific content for online resources/virtual platforms (e.g. websites, microsites, virtual congresses)
- Partner with subject matter experts, GCC Lead, GMAL/GDL on content development
- Ability to collaborate in a dynamic environment with multiple global/local/regional cross-functional teams and counterparts, as well as to manage external providers/vendors and project-associated budgets
- Appropriately utilize system of record for GCC collaboration, review, and approval steps
- Support responses to global complex Medical Information escalations (ex-US)
- Support content development of global advisory boards
- Some travel may be required - approximately 10%
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a collaborator with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Doctorate degree Or
- Masters degree and 3 years of Medical/Scientific Affairs, Clinical Development, Clinical Research, patient care, and/or basic research experience Or
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of Medical/Scientific Affairs, Clinical Development, Clinical Research, patient care, and/or basic research experience
- Doctorate degree (PhD, PharmD, MD, DO) with one or more years of cumulative experience in Medical/Scientific Affairs, Clinical Development, Clinical Research, patient care, and/or basic research.
- Prior experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development within the biopharmaceutical industry (or clinical experience) in the Cardiovascular disease area
- Understanding of Scientific Communications projects including disease state education programs, advisory boards, congress/publication plans, and MSL resources
- Understanding of Medical Information capabilities, literature surveillance, adverse event and product complaints requirements
- Experience with marketed products and late-stage pipeline products
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills and the ability to critically analyze the scientific literature to form logical opinions and communicate key business and clinical information at multiple levels
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical commercialization process and knowledge of the legal and regulatory guidelines affecting promotion of prescription products
- The ability to work in teams and interface in a dynamic environment across corporate functions
- Prior experience managing consultants and vendors is desired.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.