Sr Director, Market Access and Trade
Founded in 2000, Tris Pharma, Inc. (www.trispharma.com) is the 3rd largest specialty pharmaceutical company in the United States. With our intense focus on the application of physical chemistry in biological systems, coupled with the requirements of manufacturing and market demands, we have grown our employee base over 250% in the past three years. Specifically, we are engaged in research, development, and manufacturing of both OTC and Rx branded products and specialty generic products. Our mission is to understand the science driving the delivery of drugs into the human body; develop and bring to market products that add value to our customers and patients and provide a benefit to our company, employees and society at large. To support our continued growth Tris is expanding the team at our Monmouth Junction, NJ facility and has an opening for an experienced SR Director, Market Access and Trade.
This position requires 30-40% travel.
The Senior Director, Market Access and Trade is responsible for developing and implementing market access and customer strategy, managing the National Account Director team and building relationships with key accounts and customers in order to maximize profitability. Account responsibilities include, but not limited to: Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), National/Regional Health Plans, State Medicaid, Medicaid PBMS, GPOs, Integrated Delivery Networks, pharmaceutical wholesalers and specialty pharmacies.
· Collaborates closely with the President, Branded Products, to formulate market access and trade strategy; Collaborates cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Analytics and Medical to ensure alignment of strategy and priorities
• Creates and presents analyses of the financial impact of pricing and contracting proposals
• Develops, establishes and strengthens successful business partnerships with external partners and stakeholders including, but not limited to executive management (Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Director of Pharmacy Services, State Medicaid officials of key accounts and customers
• Liaises with supply chain on production plan, forecasting, 3PL inventory, labeling changes (new and existing products), inbound shipments to 3PL and serialization
• Develops and continually evaluates trade and distribution model; Identifies necessary changes or adjustments based upon new products, changes in the competitive environment and regulatory or legislative changes, etc.
• Participates in key conventions as needed (i.e., Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP), National Association of Managed Care Physicians (NAMCP), Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA), etc.)
• Manages, mentors, coaches and develops direct reportsRequirements
Special knowledge or skills REQUIRED
· Bachelors degree AND minimum 10 years relevant national accounts, sales, payer marketing and/or managed markets experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industry in positions of increasing technical and strategic responsibility.
• Excellent understanding of US payer environment, payer market dynamics, payer marketing principles and market access organization decision making process
• Proven track record of effectively managing teams
• Proven track record of building strong relationships with key decision makers
• Proven record of high ethical values and health care compliance
• Demonstrated ability to access, analyze and present claims data
• Working knowledge and experience working with Government/Tricare/DOD/VA
• People management experience
Tris Pharma, Inc. offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. To build and enhance our diverse workforce, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, women, LGBTQ, etc. Tris Pharma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DNI