Scientist/Senior Scientist, Organic/Medicinal Chemistry
Ambrx is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company enabling new field of protein medicinal chemistry using an expanded genetic code to produce high value biological products such as long-acting proteins, antibody drug conjugates and bi-specific antibodies.
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated organic/medicinal chemist to be a key member of dynamic research organization. The successful candidate will be part of a growing chemistry team who can contribute to discovering novel protein therapeutics to help patients in need.
- The successful candidate will support our small molecule, linker, and peptide synthesis needs
- Carryout structure-activity relationship studies delivering high quality material for biological testing
- Interpret experimental results such as in vitro/in vivo data to support new compound design and SAR
- Carryout analytical and preparative method development to support internal chemistry needs
- Collaborate and interface with other functional areas including analytical, biology and pharmacology to facilitate development and execution of project plans
- Communicate research findings to the key stake holders and present in project meetings/conferences
- Contribute to patent application writing and research reports
- Identify and establish working relationships with CROs and manage external chemistry resources
- Safe keeping and operation of lab and lab equipment
- Ph.D. in organic/medicinal chemistry or related field with minimum 2-6 years of post-doctoral/industry experience
- Proven track record in drug discovery and demonstrated success in Hit/Lead identification and optimization, and carrying out SAR studies
- Experience in structure-based and pharmacophore-based drug designs
- Experience in modern synthetic organic chemistry techniques, designing new synthetic routes for complex molecules and carrying out multi-step synthesis of biologically active molecules
- Hands-on experience with analytical and purification equipment HPLC, LC-MS and NMR etc.
- Experience working with antibody drug conjugates is a plus
- Must have strong presentation skills
- Excellent communication, organization and collaborative skills are essential
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code.. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits.