Project / Scientific Manager, Discovery Immunology, Ab [JC-1318]
In this role, you will be an important bridge between the business and scientific worlds of biotech. You will leverage your scientific training, problem solving abilities, and communication skills to provide project management excellence. Scientific Managers work closely with many groups in our organization such sales, accounting, operations, and the scientific team. Responsibilities cover the lifespan of a project from initial inquiry and quoting stage, to providing updates and responses to clients, and ending with project closeout.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Guiding and directing a large portfolio of hybridoma-based antibody discovery campaigns, which can include high revenue FTE programs;
• Creating and editing project proposals, data summaries, and experimental reports;
• Cross-functional team project management;
• Research proposal and service contract development with department heads, commercial teams, and Legal;
• Arranging materials transfers within LakePharma and to clients.
• A PhD or Master’s degree in biology, chemistry, immunology, or biochemistry is required.
• 2 - 4 years’ experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
• Extraordinary attention to detail
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and ensure smooth operations and communications
• Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
• Excellent interpersonal and people skills
• Assertive and proactive with excellent follow through
• Must be able to read and understand scientific literature
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Additionally, experience in customer service, account management, biologics discovery and development, and assay development are desired.
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Limited wet laboratory environment exposure. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 30 lbs. Occasional travel within the United States. Interacts with others, relating sensitive information to diverse groups.