Agilent Research Labs is seeking a Scientist who is excited about using their expertise in molecular and cell biology to pursue life sciences research as part of an innovative, multidisciplinary team developing novel technologies for sample manipulation and measurement. The focus of this position will be the invention and development of new methods for DNA and RNA detection, manipulation, and sequencing, with applications to nucleic acid measurement and other applications, such as genome engineering and control. These technologies will have a tangible impact on advancing the next generation of research and clinical practice in cancer, autoimmune, neurological, or cardiovascular disease diagnosis or treatment, stem cell research and synthetic biology. In this way, the successful candidate will help Agilent Research Labs continue its track record of powering the growth of Agilent Technologies through breakthrough science and technology for applications across life sciences research, translational research, molecular diagnostics, and clinical pathology.
The candidate will join an interdisciplinary team working to invent, develop and test new methods for the next generation of Agilent high value reagents and measurement solutions and to establish and participate in collaborative efforts with external thought-leaders in both academic and private sectors, when they can simultaneously accelerate Agilent’s goals and provide value to external collaborators. As part of this effort, the candidate will communicate progress and results to management and technical leadership, to selected external organizations and, when appropriate, to the general scientific community via presentations at scientific conferences and peer-reviewed publications.
Agilent is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. We provide instruments, reagents and consumables, software and applications expertise to life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide. The purpose of Agilent Laboratories is to power the growth of Agilent Technologies through breakthrough science and technology.
- PhD or equivalent in Molecular Biology or other relevant field, plus 1 or more years post-doctoral experience (academic or industrial).
- Proven success advancing the state-of-art of molecular manipulation and analysis methods and their application to the forefront of life sciences research as evidenced, for example, publications, patents or encourage talks.
- Deep expertise and hands-on experience with nucleic acid manipulation and measurement technologies, including PCR, hybridization-based molecular methods, cloning, next generation sequencing, and related methods.
- Experience with creation and development of novel nucleic acid-based analytics and methods
- Proven leadership in initiating and pursuing successful collaborative research projects with teams.
- Strong problem solving and quantitative data analysis expertise.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience working with oligonucleotide libraries, e.g. in the context of protein engineering, gene function screens, or highly multiplex assays and/or efficiency assays
- Expertise in use of CRISPR-based methodologies for gene editing and/or modulation
- Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques (e.g. transfection, cell maintenance)
- Skilled in the development of NGS assays
- Experience in working with RNA (e.g. sample prep, sequencing, data analysis)
- Experience using bioinformatics tools for experimental design and analysis of large data sets.
- Experience with single-cell analysis methods.
- Epigenetics experience is a plus