Value & Access Manager
In the context of a rapidly evolving payer environment, Amgens growing emphasis on geographic expansion, and a dedication to demonstrate product value, Amgen requires an increasingly sophisticated reimbursement and pricing capability to support market access. The capabilities of the Integrated Access Strategy Team (IAS), within the Global Value & Access function, position Amgen for future success against this business-critical imperative. This team is responsible for strategic planning of value and access for all Amgen molecules in development, beginning in Phase I-II and extending throughout commercialization across the Amgen portfolio. This work also includes lifecycle planning and access support for selected in-the-market products. Additionally, the team handles global strategic pricing, including recommendations for global price bands and indication/country launch sequence.
Amgen has a diverse and rapidly advancing oncology portfolio, including assets that are growing Amgens clinical and commercial capabilities globally. We are currently seeking a Manager for the Integrated Access Strategy Oncology Team to support the payer planning process for Kyprolis & Blincyto, including the situation analysis, payer/pricing research, and the creation of payer strategic plans, and execution of these plans. Reporting to the ASL (Access Strategy Lead) for the assets which include multiple lifecycle indications, the successful candidate will be responsible for project execution including, but not limited to, analysis of customer trends which inform access and pricing opportunities, vendor selection and management, and generating final documentation of project results.
The Manager will work across functions to ensure a comprehensive view of his/her assigned products and build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with key partners. These partners include colleagues in marketing, development, health economics, regulatory, operations, and government affairs in all regions and archetype countries.
- With the ASL, conduct situation analysis and payer/pricing research of external pricing and reimbursement environment across multiple indications, and synthesize relevant information to develop strategic plans for the product/assets.
- Support global launch activities for all regions including planning and execution of workshops, development of access materials for regions and affiliates as inputs into the Access Plans, pricing guidance materials and communication, Global Value Dossier, etc.
- Support franchise level initiatives to develop the oncology portfolio, with a focus on payers globally.
- The role may involve travel (less than 5% domestic and international).
- Doctorate degree
- Masters degree and 2 years of pricing and/or market access experience
- Bachelors degree and 4 years of pricing and/or market access experience
- Associates Degree and 10 years of pricing and/or market access experience
- High School Diploma / GED and 12 years of pricing and/or market access experience
- Strong understanding of payer environment in major countries, including coverage and reimbursement, pricing, value drivers, formulary management, health technologies assessment, health policy
- Ability to conduct situation analysis of external pricing and reimbursement environment and synthesize relevant information to develop strategic plans
- Ability to develop and test value messages and value evidence with payers in order to resolve the most compelling way in which to demonstrate and communicate product value to payers
- Ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative pricing studies and to formulate price policy recommendations
- Ability to translate complex situation and pricing analyses to optimally communicate impact to Amgen business
- Ability to review clinical and health economic literature, including disease state information, clinical trial design and results, and pharmacoeconomic studies, in order to understand implications for value to payers
- Demonstrated ability to plan strategically, identify strategic options and trade-offs
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal skills to foster collaboration and succeed in a highly matrixed environment; strong oral/written presentation skills
- Direct payer experience and/or experience in product commercialization
- Pharmaceutical pricing experience
- Previous international (ex-US) assignment
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do!
At Amgen, contributions are recognized and strong performance is rewarded. Regularly recognized as a Best Place to Work, we enable staff to chart their own career paths based on their unique talents by offering challenging assignments, active career development, mentorship and individual rewards.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.