Commercial Forecasting Mgr
General Medicine products, both in-line and pipeline. He or she must be a passionate champion of insights-driven strategy and objective evidence-based decision-making.
- Support the design, preparation, and maintenance of complex patient and demand-based forecasts and scenarios for US in-line products and global pipeline assets aligned to the needs of cross-functional stakeholders
- Support cross-functional teams during regular forecast cycles including short term and long-range forecasts for inline and pipeline assets
- Collaborate in the development of forecasts and analytic tools in collaboration with external providers and internal partners
- Proactively create analytical assessments to forecast brand outlook and provide stakeholders insights and suggestions that can lead to better strategical decisions
- Leverage analytical and creative problem-solving mindset to develop data assessments to help inform scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal cross-functional and external partners to initiate and obtain relevant data and analysis for forecast inputs
- Support cross-functional teams in understanding and tracking changes to the commercial forecast approach, methodology, assumptions, and outputs.
- Recommend and lead initiatives dedicated to the advancement and implementation of new forecast approaches and methodology
- Doctorate degree
- Masters degree & 2years of relevant experience
- Bachelors degree & 4 years ofrelevant experience
- Associates degree and 10 years of relevant experience
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years relevant experience
- Advanced degree (MS/MBA)
- 2+ years of forecasting, market research, business analytics, or consulting experience
- Strong knowledge of forecasting methodologies, quantitative techniques, marketing analysis, advanced spreadsheets, modeling software, and reporting software
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills with the ability to explain complex concepts and controversial findings clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior and executive management
- Strong project management skillsable to organize and complete multiple projects efficiently and on time
- Ability to balance multiple complex projects and workstreams simultaneously
- Ability to function independently and lead teams
- Demonstrated exceptional strategic/critical thinking abilities and business acumen
- Broad and detailed knowledge of commonly used biopharmaceutical industry databases
- Experience within therapeutic areas of interest to Amgen Gen Medicine: inflammation, neurology, cardiovascular, respiratory, bone
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing, and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world, and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.