Supplier Relationship Management Sr Associate
Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new sciences promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve peoples lives.
Amgen is seeking a Supplier Relationship Management Sr Associate to drive business value through strategic relationships with our key suppliers and to engage in change initiatives for the Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) team.
The SRM Team partners with cross-functional stakeholders (Research & Development, Operations, Commercial, and Corporate Functions) to establish SRM programs with strategic suppliers. The SRM programs generally focus on exploring potential innovation opportunities with our suppliers, identifying process improvements, and managing critical risks. The Sr Associate will work closely with the SRM team members to support existing or new SRM programs, enhance the SRM capabilities available to GSS team members and our business partners, and advance our use of technology to manage supplier relationships. The GSS and SRM Teams are evolving to enhance value delivery to our business partners. The Sr Associate will improve key performance indicator tracking and support GSS related projects and transformation initiatives on an ongoing basis.
Key responsibilities of the SRM Sr Associate include the following:
- Supports SRM team members managing key supplier relationships
- Provides training on how to use Scout Supplier Performance Management cloud-based tool
- Refreshes SRM Playbooks, tools, and templates to incorporate the evolution of the SRM program, latest best practices, recent work examples, and lessons learned
- Supports the SRM team advising Category Managers and Engagement Leads on how to establish SRM programs, shares best practices, and recommends solutions that will achieve the desired outcomes
- Maintains and updates the Supplier Relationship Management SharePoint site
- Leads annual project to stratify Amgens suppliers into tiers
- Collaborates with Global Strategic Sourcing executive leadership team to prepare for and facilitate a bi-weekly meeting with GSS team members
- Engages in critical Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) projects that drive value for the team
Bachelors degree and 2 years of Sourcing, Management Consulting or Project Management experience
Associates degree and 6 years of Sourcing, Management Consulting or Project Management experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Sourcing, Management Consulting or Project Management experience
- Combination of: management consulting, and/or corporate procurement or sourcing background
- Knowledge of supplier management, sourcing, or project management
- Strong analysis experience, developing metrics, reports, and analytical models
- Ability to analyze, summarize, and present insights based on the needs of the audience
- Goal oriented and results driven
- Ability to lead and manage tasks from concept to completion
- Quick learner, proactive, and takes initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills, active listening, and relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly and effectively present information
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.