Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist, NGS Technology Development
Founded in 2017 within Flagship Labs, Cellarity brings a new approach to drug discovery based on the computational modeling of cell behavior that leads to a more complete understanding of system and network biology and allows us to uncover cell-behavior-targeted medicines for a wide variety of diseases. Cellarity is generating unprecedented biological insights by leveraging its unique combination of expertise in single-cell and network biology, high-resolution data and machine learning. The result is a new understanding of the cell’s trajectory from health to disease, how cells relate to one another in healthy vs diseased tissues and identification of disease driving gene networks that when specifically targeted may have the ability to reverse the disease phenotype of the cell. Because the cell and its network of transcripts and proteins offer a far more complete view of the complexity of human biology than any individual molecular target, Cellarity’s approach is designed to enable more efficient drug discovery and to drive higher rates of clinical success. Already the company has seven drug discovery programs underway in diverse therapeutic areas that range from metabolic disease to immuno-oncology.
Cellarity recently raised $123 million in Series B financing. The round included contributions from funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, The Baupost Group, Banque Pictet on behalf of their clients and eight other investors alongside Flagship Pioneering. This successful financing round validates the strength of Cellarity’s science and its potential to redefine drug discovery through its cell-centric approach.
Cellarity, Inc. is seeking a Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) experience to join our Technology group. The candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to assist in the optimization and validation of new technologies and procedures and to generate data from various genomics-oriented workflows. The candidate must be creative and detail oriented, have excellent communication skills and be willing to work in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
- Work as a bench scientist to explore, evaluate and run primary proof of concept on cutting edge genomics technologies and assays
- Carry out process improvement of data generation workflows and procedures
- Prepare and sequence a range of NGS library types
- Perform experiments to optimize NGS assays
- Effectively document and communicate results and progress
- BS/MS or equivalent professional experience in genomics, molecular biology, biochemistry, biology or related field
- 1+ year(s) of relevant experience, preferably in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques (e.g., DNA/RNA purification, PCR/RT-PCR amplification, etc.) required
- Familiarity with genomics, DNA sequencing (in particular the Illumina platform), preparation of RNA-seq libraries is required; experience with single-cell RNA-sequencing is a plus
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Learn more about Cellarity at https://cellarity.com/Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.