Cheminformatics Scientist II
Founded by Flagship Pioneering, Cellarity is the first company developing medicines through an understanding of cell behaviors. The company’s broad platform harnesses single-cell technologies and machine learning to digitize and quantify cellular behaviors, unravel the network dynamics that govern those behaviors, and generate medicines that can direct them. Cellarity is using its platform to design medicines targeting the full cellular and molecular complexity of the disease, enabling a quantum leap in the success rate and speed of drug discovery, design, and development. For additional information, visit www.Cellarity.com.
Are you a highly motivated, organized, and creative scientist, excited by the challenge of modeling cellular-resolution data to predict and understand the heterogeneous impact of small molecules on complex biological systems? At Cellarity, you will join a team, developing the first platform that uncovers and targets the causes of disease based on cell behavior: features learned from high-dimensional omics and phenotypic patient data that correspond to cellular programs.
We build and test our R&D hypothesis in a tight collaboration between wet-lab and computational biologists, wet-lab and computational chemists and strong data science & IT team. You will be working in this collaborative environment and help us transition ideas to clinical candidates. If you’re eager to grow as a multi-“lingual” scientist, while guiding the generation and application of unique datasets to unlock high-impact capabilities in cellular-resolution drug development, then we are eager to hear from you.
- Perform, interpret, visualize, and present the statistical analysis of chemical and biological datasets in close teamwork with our drug program teams, and medicinal chemists. Python and rdkit are hard requirements.
- Application of a cutting-edge, cohesive computational platform, and advice to further building its chemistry capabilities.
- You will co-design, characterize, and understand new compounds using computational tools & develop intellectual property.
- You will collaborate with biologists and chemists to help the design of experiments for optimizing new compounds.
- You will clearly document and present your work to computational colleagues, as well as to interdisciplinary teams of biologists, technologists, and executives at company meetings. This requires continuous teaching, learning, and engagement with the bigger picture for cohesive impact.
- 4 or more years of industry experience, Ph.D. or Master's degree in chemistry, chemical biology, physics, data science, or related field.
- Demonstrated drug development experience in either virtual docking of small molecules, pharmacophore modeling, and/or QSAR analysis for prioritization
- Scientific understanding of molecular and systems biology, diverse molecular data types, and analysis tools.
- Practical programming and scripting skills, ideally in Python.
- Fast learner, analytical thinker, creative, "hands-on", strong communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- We would like to see your GitHub repository or papers that can showcase this. If you are from biotech/pharma, we would ask you to share (where you can), your experiences with a focus on your role and what you specifically contributed to in a program.
- Interest in learning any of the above.
Location: Cambridge MA
Start Date: Immediately
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.