Assoc Director/Director Alliance Management
Obsidian Therapeutics is pioneering engineered cell and gene therapies to deliver transformative outcomes for patients. Obsidian’s programs apply our CytoDriveTM technology in Cell and Gene therapy products to control expression of proteins for enhanced therapeutic efficacy and safety.
We’re proud of our diverse talented team and committed to cultivating an environment of inclusion where each person feels a strong sense of belonging and is supported to continuously learn and contribute their best work. Our research team is based in the heart of Cambridge, MA, and our Technical Development and Manufacturing will soon be moving to a brand new facility in Bedford, MA to support our growth. Obsidianites enjoy a highly collaborative culture, competitive salary and benefits, and potential for ownership through stock options.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Alliance Manager to join a growing and collaborative team focused on translating innovative science into medical breakthroughs for patients.
This is a unique opportunity to be a contributor in a well-funded pre-clinical company with blue chip investors, field-leading advisors, best-in-class partners (BMS, Vertex, MD Anderson), and a highly experienced team. You'll help us build a dynamic, innovative, passionate, collaborative, and successful organization focused on delivering transformative therapies in areas of greatest clinical need.
- Manage alliance governance activities in connection with our current and future strategic partnerships
- Proactively monitor all aspects of alliance, ensuring stakeholder engagement, anticipating potential issues, and facilitating resolutions
- Serve as primary point-of-contact with partners, managing communications
- Coordinate contractual commitments and monitor progress against the long-term goals of the alliance
- Be the internal expert on all aspects of the alliance, including the relevant contractual and business agreements (working closely with Business Development)
- Work both independently and collaboratively to ensure cross-functional alignment and on-time operational execution (working closely with Program Management)
- Lead internal reviews and meetings with senior management to communicate key issues, milestones, and feedback
- Prepare meeting materials for different audiences (e.g., internal, external, Board of Directors)
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of experience in the biopharma industry, including business development or project management and general knowledge of biotech / pharmaceutical operations (i.e., research, clinical development, regulatory, commercialization, manufacturing and IP/legal)
- Experience managing cross-functional teams or projects, with a track record of building alignment and influencing others to achieve exceptional outcomes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to flex between scientific / technical detail and big-picture strategy
- Attention to both detail and nuance, with a demonstrated ability to identify, prioritize and resolve key project and partnership issues, coordinate demands from multiple stakeholders, and communicate across organizations with different cultures and priorities
- Desire and ability to work in an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment, and multitask with minimal direction
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, facilitation, negotiation, and organizational skills
- History of achievement and excellence in previous roles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in science or graduate degree (MBA, MD, PhD) preferred
- Prior Alliance Management or Business Development experience
Job level will be based on overall experience and capabilities.
Obsidian is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, cultivating a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.