Manager, Talent Management - LATAM
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Manager, Talent Management and Development – LATAM will join a diverse, collaborative team of specialists whose primary focus is to drive AbbVie’s strategic talent management and development strategy and initiatives. This individual will be instrumental in educating and consulting with leaders and Business Human Resources (BHR) on talent management best practices to drive talent outcomes and business performance for the LATAM area.
- Partner with BHR and key stakeholders to establish and implement talent and development strategies in LATAM, in alignment with the broader AbbVie Talent Management, Executive Education and Leadership Development and Talent Acquisition strategy.
- Partner with and coach leadership to identify top talent within the organization and differentiate their development, creating a deep pipeline of talent. Guide the Human Resources and Leadership team to shape the talent agenda and make associated talent decisions that align with the business strategy.
- Lead process implementation for Performance Management and Talent Reviews; train BHR on practice, process and tools. Support BHR and leaders to implement the processes consistently. Drive better process and talent outcomes year over year.
- Provide proficient consultation on all phases of talent management such as succession management, assessment and feedback, talent pipelines, selection processes, and senior leader transitions.
- Assess outcomes of LATAM talent management processes; work with BHR and partner organizations to identify themes. Provide insights that lead to solutions and actions to build capability of talent.
- Being part of the broader Talent Development organization, collaborate with stakeholders to assess and provide input to the design for necessary development to fill gaps in the talent pipeline for high potential and high performing employees, or key teams. Drive Enterprise Talent Development solutions in alignment with the Area talent strategies and business needs.
- Serve as member of Area BHR Staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Major in Business preferred. Master’s degree an asset.
- 5 years in Human Resources Management with emphasis in Talent Management practice and process development.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Demonstrated results in working in a matrix and virtual environment required; preferred experience working in the Commercial function for a large multinational company.
- Exceptional stakeholder management, consulting and influence skills. Experience leveraging senior business leaders to sponsor solutions.
- Experience with developing strategies and implementing the related tactics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to build executive ready presentations, communicate with executive audiences.
- Fluency and experience working with analytics; HR preferred.
- Preferred: Advanced degree in Human Resources or Business Management; Experience in Pharmaceutical industry; Experience living and working in a range of countries and cultures.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.