Controller/Senior Director, Finance
About IDEAYA Biosciences:
IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage oncology-focused precision medicine company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality – which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
IDEAYA recently announced a landmark strategic partnership with GSK in Synthetic Lethality for certain pipeline programs. The GSK partnership is transformative and enables IDEAYA and GSK to collectively build an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com.
The Controller/Senior Director, Finance will be responsible for developing, leading and managing the company’s accounting and financial reporting, including compliance, audit and tax, as well financial planning activities including key alliance, strategic planning and decision support.
What you’ll do:
- Lead accounting operations and financial reporting
- Maintain accounting records and oversee internal controls and policies to mitigate risk and ensure the accuracy of the Company’s reported financial results, including day-to-day and technical accounting
- Ensure conformance and compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting, and other statutory requirements including Sarbanes-Oxley and federal, state, and local tax, accounting and business laws
- Manage audit function, including interaction with external auditors
- Manage tax compliance, including coordination with external tax providers
- Understand the Company’s business to integrate into the finance function, and establish strong working relationships with internal functional leaders to provide strategic and analytical decision support
- Lead financial planning and analysis, tactical and strategic, including budget, quarterly forecasting and long-range planning
- Provide strategic financial support to established collaborations and strategic partnership arrangements
- Provide financial guidance to support strategic transactions and business development activities as well as key decisions across corporate and project-specific goals and objectives
- Interact with key stakeholders including executive leadership, audit committee, board of directors
- BS in relevant field, such as Accounting or Finance, and CPA
- 10+ years of accounting and finance experience with at least 4 years in a public company and public company accounting, with industry experience in biotechnology / biopharma
- High integrity and personal ethics
- Financial systems experience and ability to effect best practice business processes and financial controls
- Organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Communication skills, including presentation, written and verbal skills
- Experienced manager / mentor with ability to hire, train, motivate, facilitate, and lead a team to impact results, culture, and strategic decisions
- Independently motivated, detail oriented, with strategic and analytical skills
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward.
Ideaya is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, Ideaya does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.