Research Associate/Senior Research Associate Cell Process Development
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Key contributor to the development of phase-appropriate manufacturing processes for Arcellx cell therapy products. The candidate will be a highly motivated engineer/scientist with good laboratory skills, who will work on process development initiatives in process design, GMP adaptation, process characterization, unit operation research, technology transfer to CMOs, data tracking and trending, and management of process technical documents. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the broader process and analytical development teams to produce cellular therapeutics for the Arcellx portfolio.
ABOUT ARCELLX: Arcellx (https://arcellx.com/) is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells.
The main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Organize, plan, and execute laboratory experiments to support process development activities
- Critically analyze process data and author technical reports and standard operating procedures
- Aid in design and creation of development plans, contributing to process definition, process lock and optimization of process steps
- Summarize and present data in group meetings and contribute to group discussions
- Perform cell-based testing to understand cell attributes
- Maintain accurate and detailed laboratory notebook and documentation
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory environment
- Participate in management of laboratory equipment and supplies
- Troubleshoot and solve technical problems
- Work independently as well as with other team members to perform and troubleshoot experiments or assay performance
- Research Associate I/II: BS in Chemical Eng., Biological Engineering, Chemistry, or Biology related discipline with 0-2 yrs of relevant experience or MS.
- Senior Research Associate: BS in Chemical Eng, Biological Engineering, Chemistry, or Biology related discipline with 5+ yrs of relevant experience or MS with 3+ yrs relevant experience.
- Experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Good understanding of mammalian cell culture and proficient in aseptic technique.
- Experience with T or B-cell cultures is a plus.
• Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods.
• Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Sense of urgency in performance of duties.
• Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment.
• Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills.
Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.