Scientist/Sr Scientist, CAR-T, Cell Biology or Cancer Biology
ABOUT ARCELLX: Arcellx is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells.
We are seeking multiple Scientist-level candidates with a proven track record of scientific excellence and project leadership in oncology research to join our Cell Biology team within the Research Department. You will have a direct impact on the Arcellx drug pipeline, both as a project leader and a lab-based contributor. You will work with an experienced cross-functional team responsible for discovery, preclinical target validation, engineering of novel cell-based therapies, and related translational studies. You will bring your theoretical and practical expertise in cell therapy, immuno-oncology, and/or cancer drug discovery to lead pipeline projects, establish program priorities and work with a cross-functional team to deliver pre-clinical datasets to support pipeline progression. In the lab, you will develop, design, conduct and analyze in vitro and in vivo data to assess the function and mechanism of novel cell therapies. As a result-oriented self-starter, you will have a strong commitment to teamwork and reliability.
- You will be expected to both lead and contribute to one or more pipeline programs, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure the timely generation and dissemination of critical program data to enable data-driven decisions.
- You will contribute to developing program strategy and will be responsible for the delivery of key pre-clinical data that support program progression.
- You will be expected to work independently and collaboratively, and effectively plan and organize work activities and prioritize task completion for yourself and potentially direct reports.
- You may manage and mentor direct reports
- As a highly organized, self-motivated individual with a strong background in cancer biology, you will stay up to date with relevant technical and intellectual scientific expertise in tumor biology and cancer modelling, particularly as it relates to antibody drug conjugates, and have a genuine passion for this field of research.
- Expertise in manipulating immune cells, particularly T cells, including purification, transfection/transduction, activation and expansion.
- Proficiency with complex immune cell assays including multiparameter flow cytometry, in vitro cell based assays (e.g. cytotoxicity, proliferation, degranulation), live cell analysis, and multiplex assays.
- Coordinating/liaising with contract research organizations (CROs)
- Effective and timely communication of results and relevant scientific literature
- Creative, analytical, and critical thinking focused on advancement of corporate goals
Specific backgrounds of interest are:
- Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-cells, alternative cell-based cancer therapeutics, or the investigation of T-cell biology
- Solid Tumor Immunology (Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocytes, Myeloid Derived Suppressor Cells, Tumor Associated Macrophages, Regulatory T-cells)
- The use of biologics in anti-cancer therapy|
- PhD. with 1-10 years of research experience or Master's degree with 8+ years within the pharmaceutical industry (preferable but not required) and clear demonstration of leadership in drug discovery
- Commitment to teamwork, regardless of job title
- Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods
- Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Sense of urgency in performance of duties
- Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment
- Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills
• Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods.
• Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Sense of urgency in performance of duties.
• Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment.
• Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills.
Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.