Mainstay Medical is seeking a Clinical Specialist professional to support in the execution of the strategic commercial launch of ReActiv8 in the U.S. The successful candidate will provide technical, educational, sales, and clinical support to medical professionals and patients. The role reports into the Business Development Leader and is home-based near Philadelphia, NYC, or NJ.
Who Are We?
Mainstay Medical – We are a medical device company focused on marketing an innovative implantable neurostimulation system, ReActiv8®, for people with disabling chronic Low Back Pain. The company is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, with subsidiaries operating in Ireland, the United States, Australia, Germany, and the Netherlands.
The Clinical Specialist is responsible for supporting business development activities and marketing campaigns by providing technical, educational, sales and clinical support.
- Represents Mainstay Medical during surgeries and implants (or cases) by providing all necessary equipment and products required for device implants and demonstrates expertise in all aspects of implant and troubleshooting techniques.
- Performs interrogations of Mainstay’s medical device systems and provides technical support and follow-ups in hospitals and clinics. Provides on-call support as needed for surgeries, reprogramming, troubleshooting, follow-up, etc. on evenings and weekends. Uses available down time to assist commercial operations with other assigned tasks, including providing patient identification and selection support to customers.
- Educates and trains implanting and referring physicians, hospital personnel, and office staff on technical, clinical and administrative matters relating to our products by conducting and/or coordinating:
- One-on-one training sessions
- In-service education programs
- Seminars and/or outside symposiums
- Provides training and resources for hospital staff to enable them to conduct training (“train the trainer”).
- During and following surgeries, completes necessary documentation (e.g. implant registration, packing list and temporary ID cards), and places order with customer service for pending purchase orders and product replacement.
- Serves as effective Mainstay representative to physicians and support staff regarding Mainstay products, service, and support.
- Manages inventories (consignment, trunk, local office, and loaner products) and provides support with rotation and delivery to optimize customer service and efficiency.
- Advises physicians involved in setting up or evaluating Mainstay operations in their hospitals or clinics.
- Collaborates with Therapy Manager in territory to help drive strategy and growth.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates a strong working proficiency with Good Clinical Practices.
- Possesses excellent coaching/teaching skills along with written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Able to assist with the technical troubleshooting of equipment, devices and clinical procedures, possesses a strong working knowledge of interventional pain procedures and can verbalize techniques to support troubleshooting efforts at sites utilizing Mainstay systems.
- Able to assist with the development and assessment of Mainstay initiated, field-based training programs for field personnel and customers.
- Proficient in computer operations, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and basic database management.
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capable of working with teams across time zones / cultures / countries.
- Ability to effectively present information to and negotiate with all levels of management.
- Ability to build positive working relationships.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- 1-3 years work experience in healthcare and life sciences.
- University degree or equivalent qualifications preferred.
- Requires regular presence in OR (appropriate vaccinations and hospital clearance required).
- Fluent in English
- Potential for long periods of sitting, standing, and/or walking (minimum of 8 hours a day).
- Repetitive work on a computer, and frequent phone use.
- Travel via car, airplane and train required.
For further information on Mainstay Medical, please visit our website: www.mainstaymedical.com
Come join a growing and thriving organization! We foster an exciting culture founded on teamwork, bias for action, urgency, and accountability, which allow us to develop meaningful and lasting relationships with our colleagues, the Doctors and Patients we serve.
We offer a competitive package. Our core benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement Savings, Life and Short-Term Disability, PTO.