Direct message the job poster from Ovid Therapeutics
Talent Acquisition Specialist at Ovid Therapeutics
Ovid Therapeutics Inc. is a New York-based biopharmaceutical company using its BoldMedicine® approach to develop medicines that transform the lives of patients with rare neurological disorders. We believe these disorders represent an attractive area for drug development as the understanding of the underlying biology has grown meaningfully over the last few years and today represents a substantial opportunity medically and commercially. Based on recent scientific advances in genetics and the biological pathways of the brain, we aim to identify, discover, and acquire novel compounds for the treatment of rare neurological disorders. We have built a deep knowledge of such disorders, how to treat them and how to develop the clinically meaningful endpoints required for development of a compound in these disorders. We continue to execute on our strategy to build this pipeline by discovering, in-licensing, and collaborating with leading biopharmaceutical companies and academic institutions. Ovid's emerging pipeline programs include OV329, a small molecule GABA aminotransferase inhibitor for seizures associated with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex and Infantile Spasms; OV882, a short hairpin RNA therapy approach for Angelman syndrome; OV815, a genetic therapy approach for KIF1A associated neurological disorder; and other non-disclosed research targets.
For more information on Ovid, please visit www.ovidrx.com
Ovid Therapeutics is seeking an exceptional individual to lead and guide research efforts being performed with our academic collaborators, at CROs and in our own labs for multiple neurodevelopmental disorder targets. Using their strong background in gene therapy-related technologies and with expertise in rare, neurodevelopmental diseases, the ideal candidate will champion one or more novel therapeutic programs. The successful candidate will have demonstrated research productivity and the ability to foster programs through implementation of independent research activities.
This candidate will have a track record of both individual and team contributions in solving complex research problems, and experience in cutting edge therapeutic technologies and platforms, cell models of disease necessary for screening and validation, omics methods and technologies, and knowledge of supporting animal models. As these programs progress, additional support for bio-distribution, biomarker and target engagement and safety studies will be required.
Reporting to the RED Senior Director the ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player who is willing to push the frontiers of human gene therapy research through scientific leadership, individual and team contributions, and continued self-development. Management experience is expected, and the candidate will help build a team of high caliber scientists and research associates. Excellent communication skills will be critical to lead interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
Our goal at Ovid Therapeutics it to provide a highly collaborative research environment with the opportunity to interface closely with our molecular and cell biologists, program management team, clinical development team, and academic and industry partners. Position level will be commensurate with experience and fit.
· Lead the research to development of gene therapeutics
· Regularly present data (in oral and/or written form) to the internal and external research communities
· Lead the collaborative efforts across all internal and external functions
· Will lead and directly participate in team recruitment activities
Required Education and Experience
· Ph.D. in neuroscience, biology, physics, engineering, or related academic or biomedical discipline; or equivalent combination of degree and experience
· 5+ years of post-PhD working experience in academia or industry in neuroscience, including neurodevelopment research
· Experience and technical knowledge of gene therapy approaches, preclinical cell and animal models with strong publication record
· Experience managing scientific teams
· Proven strong written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Education and Experience
· Ability to drive IND-enabling preclinical studies
· Able to work independently as well as in a collaborative high paced environment
· Experience working with outside collaborators to achieve defined objectives
· Ability to meet aggressive timelines and deliverables
· Support multiple cross-functional activities, including regulatory, business development, legal and finance
Show more Show less