Business Analyst - Research (Electronic Lab Notebook)
Specialist IS Bus. Sys. Analyst Research and Development Informatics
Amgen is seeking a Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst to join our talented Global Research IS team at the Amgen Thousand Oaks site. Research IS partners with Research to develop Informatics solutions to support high throughput discovery and optimization of therapeutics. We are looking for a Technical Business Analyst with a proven versatile skillset, including technical acumen and excellent learning agility with the ability to lead joint discussions requiring innovative technological solutions to complex scientific problems. The Analyst will leverage a combination of prior experience, problem solving skills and client engagement skills to drive business strategies to successful outcomes.
Key Activities of this role includes:
- Guide development of systems that enable end to end solutions business to manage scientific and research experiments documentation
- Work closely with business teams to analyze business processes related to Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) and recommend solutions and improvements as needed
- Ensure secure capture of chemistry and biology experiments in ELN adhering to Data Integrity guidelines and in compliance with FDA GxP Requirements for regulated experiments.
- Review functional and technical requirements to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements. Provide technical write-ups and drawings to promote the proposed solutions
- Collaborate with peers in IS to ensure ELN applications and technology stack are running optimally, reliably, and current with necessary security and functional patches
- Stay current with industry trends in ELN space and suggest game changing enhancements to the business service
- Periodically review overall technology landscape and integrations and drive implementation of necessary improvements
- Ensure GxP e-Workbook is maintained in a validated state adhering to GxP SOPs.
- Maintain regular cadence with business teams that use ELN, gather formal feedback, and bring suggestions back to the product team for continuous service improvements
Doctorate degree OR
Masters degree & 2 years of Information Systems experience OR
Bachelors degree & 4 years of Information Systems experience OR
Associates degree & 10 years of Information Systems experience OR
High school diploma/GED & 12 years of Information Systems experience
- Masters degree in Life Sciences, Computer Science or Engineering.
- 4+ years of Business Analysis experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Proven working experience with scientific information systems and functionalities such as assay data management, inventory, Electronic Lab Notebooks, scientific data visualization, scientific workflow integration, etc.
- Basic understanding of validated environments and qualification processes.
- Strong data analysis and reporting experience by leveraging analytics, visualization and database technologies
- Expertise in translating business requirements to technical requirements and recommend solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate/lead multiple projects/activities with competing priorities.
- Experience in developing RFPs, conducting vendor landscape analysis based on the business usecases, vendor evaluation, selection and implementation processes
- Experience in Agile Software Development methods (e.g. Scrum)
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud technology
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate with Business users in non-technical language
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.