Salesforce Engineer - Marketing Cloud
The Amgen information technology team is seeking a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Specialist to work with our Global Salesforce Platform team. This is a unique opportunity to help Amgen extend the global Salesforce platform supporting all business functions across the enterprise. This groundbreaking team drives our Salesforce strategy and framework to provide enablement, adoption and technical expertise which accelerate Amgen's core business.
This team presents an amazing opportunity to use your existing Salesforce skills and gain new ones through hands on application. As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Specialist will report to the Products and Capabilities lead within the Salesforce Platform. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients, provide essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission, and to make a meaningful impact at one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies.
- Contribute to the platform vision advising stakeholders on use of Salesforce Technologies, with an emphasis on Salesforce Marketing Cloud technologies
- Work in an agile team to mature platform capabilities though backlog grooming, sprint planning and other agile ceremonies
- Create personalized, dynamic messages, landing pages, use Marketing Cloud scripting languages, data configuration, manipulations and advance segmentation, as well as reporting and analytics.
- Set up and implement the tools in Salesforce Marketing Cloud effectively, providing solutions to execute both tactical and strategic email campaigns.
- Work hand in hand with cross-function teams to provide guidance and support and conduct design reviews to ensure required platform standards are met prior to deployment.
- Solve key implementation and post issues and demonstrate ability to work towards successful resolution
- Develop integration and mapping standards between Salesforce Marketing Cloud and other parts of Amgen's ecosystem
- Review releases and roadmaps from Salesforce and evaluate the impacts to current applications, organizations, and solutions
- Negotiate solutions to complex problems with both internal teams and third-party service providers
- Build relationships and work with cross-functional teams; contribute to broader goals and growth beyond the scope of a single role
- Communicate and lead platform changes including upstream and downstream impact (from Salesforce) to appropriate partners such as project teams and user groups
Masters degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Information Systems experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via technology and integration, including leadership in guiding customers and colleagues in rationalizing and deploying emerging technology for business use cases
- Demonstrably excellent, context-specific and adaptive communication and presentation skills across a variety of audiences and situations; established habit of proactive thinking and behavior and the desire and ability to self-start/learn and apply new technologies
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience, as both an Administrator and Developer. Tableau and Pardot experience a plus.
- Experience working as part of a Salesforce implementation project - contributing to the design and build phases
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator, Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant certifications
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by developing innovative human therapeutics. Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and strives for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.