Principal Scientist, Cancer Genomics
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Seeking a collaborative and innovative cancer genomics researcher to join the Predictive Sciences team in the San Francisco Bay Area and drive computational research that advances pre-clinical drug development to realize next generation therapies for oncology that modulate the tumor microenvironment. This person will help advance Bristol Myers Squibb’s oncology pipeline using machine learning and translational bioinformatics approaches on multi-omics data from internal, public, and real-world data. They will conduct analyses and help craft experiments to prioritize drug targets, enable patient selection strategies, and guide drug development decisions. This scientist must connect with colleagues across the organization to influence R&D from target discovery through early-stage development.
- Lead cancer genomics efforts on teams to advance projects that can realize new therapies to combat cancer
- Deliver results and recommendations from integrative analysis of omics datasets (e.g., RNA-seq, WES, single-cell sequencing) to guide programs in pre-clinical drug discovery and development
- Collaborate with computational researchers, cancer biologists, and translational teams to develop and implement analyses that expedite our oncology pipeline
- Develop and apply computational tools to build predictive models that enable patient stratification and illuminate new targets
- Communicate findings and recommend follow-up actions in multiple settings (including: 1:1, seminars, group, and project meetings)
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, engineering, statistics, genetics, or similar with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Proven track record of contributing to and helping advance cross-functional team projects.
- Expertise with a high-level programming language such as R or Python for sophisticated data analysis and reproducible research practices.
- Proficiency integrating and analyzing diverse high-dimensional, omics data sets relevant for the intersection of immunology, stromal, and cancer biology.
- Capability to conduct detailed analyses to evaluate therapeutic hypotheses and prioritize clinically-relevant questions.
- Scientific curiosity with an ability to identify questions computational biology can address, and the skills to develop solutions both independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and teamwork.
- Strong communication, data presentation, and visualization skills.
- Experience working with clinical trial or real-world data is a plus.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.