Manager, Portfolio Analytics & Strategy
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Define critical strategic assumptions for programs through your own primary and secondary research on a breadth of indications. Use KOL interviews, literature, competitive intelligence, industry databases and other sources to support assumptions, and help program teams craft development and commercial strategies.
- Work across diverse teams within the company to refine critical assumptions for each program. Collaborate with scientists from our Disease Biology and Inference groups as well as clinical experts from Development, Project Management, Business Development, and more.
- Quantify business opportunities by building and maintaining financial models for Recursion’s large and growing pipeline of novel therapeutics across a diverse set of therapeutic areas. Interpret and contextualize insights derived from financial modeling and research.
- Work with the Portfolio Analytics and Strategy Group to track programs in Recursion’s pipeline as they advance from discovery stage to clinical trials in patients to assess business strategy. Participate in strategic thinking about pipeline program prioritization, partnerships, licensing, and our overall business model.
- Assist in monitoring company-level performance statistics and translating performance into actionable strategies for improvement and growth.
- Whether entering as an Associate or Manager, you’ll find ample opportunity to learn and grow within a newly public company with ambitious goals.
The Team You’ll Join
You will be an essential member of the Portfolio Analytics and Strategy Group reporting to the CFO. The members of the Portfolio Analytics & Strategy Group have diverse backgrounds in finance, technology, science, investing and consulting. The team interacts regularly with C-suite executives and across a varied set of colleagues across the organization, including Clinical Development, Business Development, Disease Biology, Finance and more. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the direction of Recursion’s therapeutic pipeline and lead novel strategic endeavours with exposure across all levels of the company and potentially externally. You’ll gain exposure to all stages and aspects of the drug development process, from project conception through clinical development.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Associate: BA/BS in biology, chemistry or other related field plus 1-2 years of experience in strategy consulting, equity research, investment banking, venture capital, business development, or other strategic or forecasting-focused roles within the biotech / pharmaceutical industry
- Manager: Biology, chemistry or related PhD, MD or PharmD plus 1-2 years of experience in strategy consulting, equity research, investment banking, venture capital, business development, or other strategic or forecasting-focused roles within the biotech / pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience building financial models (DCF/NPV) across multiple disease domains is a must.
- Comfortable performing both primary and secondary research to feed financial models, including estimating population sizes, peak sales, total addressable market, R&D costs, PTRS/PoS rates, etc.
- Ability to synthesize research on commercial opportunities across a range of disease areas at a variety of stages of development from early discovery to clinical trials.
- A passion for Recursion’s mission to decode biology to radically improve lives
- Self-motivated, self-starter, ‘go-get-em’ personality
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.