Clinical Pharmacology Director
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Lead clinical pharmacology activities to characterize human pharmacokinetics, metabolism and biopharmaceutics of clinical compounds
- Design clinical pharmacology studies to support program milestones
- Author, review & approve clinical protocols, analysis plans, study reports and regulatory filings
- Develop high quality clinical pharmacology plans and content for global regulatory submissions, including INDs, CTAs, IBs, NDAs and MAAs
- Serve as pharmacology subject matter expertise on cross-functional project teams
The Team You’ll Join
As a member of Recursion’s development team, this role will participate in cross-functional project teams as we discover treatments for pathologies that affect the lives of countless individuals. The Development Team is an empowered, execution-minded group of business and clinical development professionals, responsible for translating Recursion’s innovative science to patients. You will also use your experience designing and executing clinical pharmacology plans and knowledge of global regulatory practices when interacting with global health authorities and presenting to Recursion’s leadership.
The Experience You’ll Need
- PhD or PharmD with emphasis in clinical pharmacology, pharmacokinetics or a related scientific discipline and 7+ years of experience working in clinical pharmacology
- Proven track record in population modeling and simulations
- Successful experience with regulatory filings
- Thorough knowledge of current and emerging scientific standards and regulatory requirements for global territories
- Experience in the early and late stage development of small molecules
- Knowledge of WinNonlin and experience with standard modelling and simulation software (NONMEM, S-Plus/R, etc) are desirable
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.