Account Supervisor - Pacific Communications
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE…
• A Developmental Creator. You will develop comprehensive communications plans for assigned products which support approved marketing strategies.
• A Project Manager. You will manage development of Client’s projects, from initiation to completion, on time, within budget and on strategy.
• A Thoughtful Supervisor. You will supervise advertising expenditures on assigned products.
• Discuss new communications. Conducts input sessions with Clients, Agency, Public Relations and Professional Communications to discuss communications plans for new product opportunities, new product launches, and annual marketing plans.
• Be creative. Develops creative platforms for assigned brand(s). Provides strategic input for Creative Team of Copywriter and Art Director and participates in creative development sessions. Prepares creative platform prior to campaign development.
• Present new campaigns. Presents recommended consumer and professional audience campaigns and tactics to Clients, with the assistance of key Agency Account Management and Creative staff, when appropriate.
• Develop new opportunities. Investigates and recommends innovative media and sales promotional opportunities. Works closely with Media Analyst in developing media schedules. Meets regularly with journal and video representatives to keep current on industry trends/information.
• Communicate effectively. Communicates with the Management Supervisor on a regular and consistent basis as to the status of the account, meetings, issues, etc. Communicates effectively with all Agency personnel to ensure assigned projects are correctly executed, on time and within budget.
• Develop strategy review. Conducts strategy review meetings for Creative and Legal/Medical
• Manage projects. Is ultimately responsible to Clients and Agency management for on-time execution, Legal and Medical accuracy, and satisfactory appearance of assigned communications projects. Supplies Clients with accurate, timely reports of budgeted versus actual expenditures.
• Remain within budget. Provides budget guidelines to Creative and Production Teams on assigned projects. Recommends to Clients budget revisions which adjust to budgeted levels or increase or decrease advertising spends in the face of market or competitive activities
• Experience equivalent to a 4-year college education, with an emphasis in advertising, journalism and/or business administration preferred. Related work experience could serve as a modifier of preferred degree / major.
• Knowledge of advertising agency disciplines including creative, production, personnel management, and project management with at least 6 years classic-full-service health care agency experience required.
• Experience in client-side marketing, marketing research or sales is desirable.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communications skills must be demonstrated.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.