Senior/Principal Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage, antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies to turn malignant cancers into manageable and possibly curable diseases. Sorrento's multimodal multipronged approach to fighting cancer is made possible by its' extensive immuno-oncology platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies ("G-MAB™ library"), clinical stage immuno-cellular therapies ("CAR-T"), intracellular targeting antibodies ("iTAbs"), antibody-drug conjugates ("ADC"), and clinical stage oncolytic virus ("Sephrevir®").
We attract smart people who play well with others. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career.
If you’re a quick learner, enjoy working in the biotech industry, and share our mission of providing ground-breaking impact to medicine, each other, and our patients, Sorrento Therapeutics is the place for you!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Levena Biopharma, a business unit within Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. (SRNE), focus on the development of antibody drug conjugate (ADC) therapeutics. With its patented site-specific conjugation and linker-payload technology, Levena is advancing a portfolio of novel ADCs from discovery through clinical evaluation. Levena’s first-in-class anti-CD38 ADC, STI-6129, currently in phase I clinical study in patients with AL amyloidosis.
We are seeking a highly motivated Organic/Medicinal Chemist to join our growing team in ADC research and development. The position offers a unique opportunity for a candidate with expertise in synthetic and medicinal chemistry to lead and provide key contributions to design, synthesis and development of novel payloads and linkers for targeted cancer drug discovery and development.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or related fields with significant background in organic synthesis and bio-organic chemistry, with minimum 5-10 years of industrial experience.
- Experience working with antibody drug conjugates or targeted drug delivery
- Understanding fundamental aspects of targeted drug delivery and demonstrated ability to advance drug discovery programs.
- Experience in toxin & linker synthesis and SAR study is strongly preferred.
- Profound expertise in modern synthetic organic chemistry and demonstrated ability to design and carry out multi-step synthesis.
- Proficiency with purification and analytical techniques, including HPLC, LCMS, and NMR etc.
- Proven track record of scientific innovation as reflected by publications and patents.
- High level of creativity and initiative, ability to think critically.
- Strong work ethic, interpersonal skills, team player.
- Support scientists who are on the leading edge of immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
- Earn a competitive salary that allows you to focus your attention on your passion.
- A comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401k, company paid holidays, and Flexible PTO, plus stock options.
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, please apply, we’re looking forward to meeting you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer