We are currently searching for a Science Writer to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare marketing abstracts for new inventions and unpatented biological materials arising from the intramural research programs at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Prepare marketing abstracts from invention disclosure reports or filed patent applications.
- Access invention disclosure reports from internal NIH databases or published patent applications from public sources as source material for the marketing abstracts to be prepared.
- Submit prepared marketing abstracts for NIH review and clearances.
- Post approved marketing abstracts into the internal NIH database for website publication.
- Degree in a life science discipline.
- At least two (2) years of experience with a business background.
- Ability to convert technical scientific descriptions into business-oriented communications.
- Expertise in copy-editing, science and technical writing, and writing for the media.
- Understanding of scientific terms and concepts, communicating scientific ideas to a general audience, and translating scientific language into plain language.
- Demonstrated clear, concise writing skills in the English language.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.