Corporate Audit Manager Healthcare Compliance
Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new sciences promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve peoples lives.
The Corporate Audit Manager will report to the Corporate Audit Director for Healthcare Compliance Audit. The Audit Manager will assist the Chief Audit Executive, Directors, Senior Managers and Staff of Amgen Corporate Audit in providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services. The Audit Manager will also help determine whether the Company's systems of risk management, control and governance processes are adequate and functioning in a manner appropriate to a company of Amgens size and market.
Responsibilities of the Corporate Audit Manager include:
Effectively plans, coordinates, and conducts periodic audits of healthcare compliance business processes in accordance with approved annual audit plans
- Interacts with Amgen senior and mid-level management
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Successfully manages and cultivates key relationships to ensure that Corporate Audit's scope of work and the objectives of the organization are completed in a cost-effective and timely manner
- Exercises excellent judgment and initiative in handling business issues of significance to Corporate Audit and the Company
- Effectively researches the laws, codes and regulations applicable to the healthcare compliance risks
- Drafts work papers documenting work performed and written communications of audit and consulting engagement results
- Provides project management responsibility for leading the direction and accomplishments of overall goals and objectives of audits
- Discharges responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Institute of Internal Auditors' Code of Ethics, International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Statement of Responsibilities, as well as the Association of Healthcare Compliance Internal Auditors Seven Component Framework
- Travel up to 15% per year
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Audit experience
Associates degree and 7 years of Audit experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Audit experience
- Big 4 and Fortune 500 internal audit experience
- Advanced certification (i.e., MBA, CPA, CISA or Six Sigma)
- Knowledge and understanding of internal control framework
- Knowledge and understanding of healthcare compliance risks
- Pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry experience
- Self-starter with excellent project management skills
- Analytical, interpersonal, team-building, leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent business acumen (e.g. knowledge of business drivers, finding solutions, and knowledge of accounting, finance and other business areas)
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), including the ability to effectively and confidentially interact with Amgen senior management
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, as well as Tableau, Alteryx, Smartsheets
- Relevant auditing or compliance professional certifications: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant, Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP), and/or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.