Executive Assistant, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
At SAB Biotherapeutics (SAB), we’re using the sophistication of science and genius of nature to change the landscape of human health. Our team of scientists, researchers and professionals has made it their life's work–with technology and tenacity–to pioneer a new powerful platform to make an impact that’s global + personal. Through advanced genetic engineering and antibody science, we are dedicated to advancing a new class of immunotherapies, leveraging the native human immune response, with first-in-class and best-in-class potential across broad therapeutic categories including autoimmune, inflammation, infectious disease and immuno-oncology. SAB-185, is among the elite therapy candidates for COVID-19, advancing with Operation Warp Speed. As true innovation, our novel platform is also being developed in a rapid response capacity for future pandemic response.
SAB Biotherapeutics is seeking a highly-organized and experienced Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the Chief Communications Officer (CCO) and EVP of Investor Relations (IR). This position will work side-by-side with the CCO to organize, prioritize, manage and execute plans and processes central to the corporate communications department encompassing government relations, corporate development, marketing & communications, corporate affairs, media, public and employee relations. This position will play a central role in ensuring timely, accurate, concise information is prepared and communicated to internal/external stakeholder groups to build relationships and achieve the Company’s goals to deliver on its mission and vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for all administrative duties needed for CCO including:
- Actively managing calendar, schedule, activities, meetings, correspondence (emails, phone, mail) and priorities; proactively resolving scheduling conflicts, competing demands, anticipating needs, ensuring timely follow-up
- Managing and booking travel, scheduling meetings, processing expense reports, monitoring charges and reconciling credit card statements.
• Managing schedules, priorities and preparations for upcoming meetings, commitments and responsibilities; anticipating needs, organizing itineraries, preparing materials and handling logistics.
• Compiling and organizing information; maintaining files for correspondence, records and reports.
• Assist the CCO in preparing materials including memos, reports, presentations, charts/graphs for Board of Directors meetings, investor conferences, KOL events, etc.
• Assist the CCO with tracking of expenses, invoices and overall budget monitoring and management.
• Under direction of CCO, facilitating and preparing presentations and written material with and/or for executives; securing proper approvals interfacing with other departments, external corporate counsel, etc.
• Attending meetings and providing accurate and timely notes; capturing key topics and action items.
• Impeccably managing and maintaining documents, files, data bases (KOLs, media, investors, etc.), trackers and data room; filing and retrieving corporate documents, records and reports.
• Maintaining Corporate Calendar as it relates to Company meetings, milestones, etc.
• Ensuring all KPI reports from the management team are up-to-date for all scheduled meetings.
• Maintain a professional presence and demonstrate a comfortable demeanor while working with company constituents (employees, leadership, Board Members, investors, media, government officials).
• Assist in monitoring and maintaining executive and Company social media accounts and website.
• Assist in developing and implementing systems and processes to facilitate communication.
• Performing other related duties and assisting on other projects as needed based on Company needs.
You possess the following qualifications, background and abilities:
• Strong analytical skills with an aptitude to handle complex and technical information.
• Exceptional time management, planning, problem-solving, project management and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize efficiently and adapt quickly to perform in a fast-paced environment, continuously shift focus and priorities under pressure to meet deadlines and expectations.
• Self-motivated, directed and able to work both independently and in close collaboration with others.
• Developed interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain cooperative working relationships – both within the company and with business associates outside the company.
• Aptitude to evaluate and develop processes and suggest improvements/alternative solutions.
• Hard worker with no-nonsense mentality, committed to mission, role and team; willing to assist others at all levels of the organization; available after hours and on weekends by email, phone, text as needed.
• Must be a highly-motivated individual with a high level of initiative and an attitude of willingness to work outside defined job responsibilities; eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and professionalism and maintain strict confidentiality on all matters (personal and professional) and handling confidential information.
• Strong vocabulary, exceptional attention to detail and high quality standard with an eye for design, knowledge of marketing, branding a plus.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
• 5+ years of experience as an executive assistant or equivalent role in a national or global business.
• Minimum of three years of experience providing administrative support to high-level executives.
• Experience in a publicly-traded company or highly regulated industry preferred, but not required.
• Associate degree in business or related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Previous biotech industry experience preferred but not required.
• Experience in communications, investor relations, legal or finance, a plus.
• Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Proficient in operation of office equipment, AV systems, and virtual meeting platforms.
• Extensive calendaring across multiple time zones; including accommodating last-minute conflicts/changes.
Excellent verbal and communication, grammar, writing and proofing skills, ability to communicate effectively on a one-on-one basis or in group setting.
Basic mathematical skills to consist of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, with ability to assist in budget management, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of microscopes, close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Normal office environment with some exposure to lab areas. The noise level in the working environment is usually moderate.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
• Communication Proficiency: In a fast-paced environment, use friendly and proficient communication to interact with a wide range of people, frequently exchanging information about department operations.
• Time Management: Must manage their own time and the time of executive as well; use an electronic calendar in an email program to set meetings for executive(s); request others to attend and to coordinate their responses; respond to requests for executive(s) attendance at various meetings. Simultaneously must also manage his or her own work duties and responsibilities with very little or no direct supervision and independent judgement.
• Written Expression: Excellent written communication skills as well as excellent spelling, grammar and proofing; ability to draft correspondence on behalf of executive(s)
• Flexibility: Will frequently need to balance and redistribute resources and scheduling as executive(s) schedules and priorities can change with short notice.
• Technical Capacity: Ability to anticipate, manage and trouble shoot the various equipment, etc. utilized
• Stress Management/Composure: Maintains composure in highly stressful situations. Tactful. Diplomatically handles challenging or tense interpersonal situations.
• Initiative and Proactive: Correctly anticipates a need, volunteers readily, and acts without being told to do so. Brings new ideas to the company. Undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
• Drive for Team Results: Is a goal-oriented team player; maintains focus on the objective.
• Problem Solving, Personal Judgment: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Solicits and applies feedback.
• Quality Management: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Does not cut corners; monitors work to ensure quality; applies feedback to improve performance.
• Confidentiality: This role will receive confidential and sensitive information; must demonstrate integrity in maintaining confidential and sensitive information; adherence to organizational policies and procedures.