Director/Associate Director, Genomic Engineering, Cell Therapy
Shoreline Biosciences is seeking an outstanding and highly motivated candidate at Director/Associate Director level with extensive gene-editing expertise to lead our genomic engineering platform for Shoreline’s cutting-edge iPSC-derived NK cell and Macrophage cancer immunotherapies. The individual will be responsible for leading a genomic engineering Team to support all preclinical stage Cell Therapy programs and will work closely with our Collaboration Partners and internal colleagues to efficiently progress early-stage Cell Therapy programs through to IND-enabling studies. This will be a full-time position located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA. The level of the position and compensation package will be competitive and tailored to the specific level of the candidate. This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Research & Development, Cell Therapy.
- Lead Genomic engineering team to help advance all Cell Therapy programs from early-stage to IND-enabling studies
- Collaborate efficiently with cross-functional teams and collaborators to create and implement gene editing strategies for Cell Therapy programs
- Drive the evaluation and development of cutting-edge gene-editing technologies and platforms
- Manage the work of multiple reports and leverages CROs and academic collaborators effectively to drive programs forward
- Lead tech transfer of gene editing technologies to GMP facilities or collaborators
- Provide support for drafting study reports, patents, SOPs, and peer-reviewed scientific publications
- Provide support for drafting and reviewing relevant regulatory submissions
- Provide mentorship and support to direct reports and other team members as a subject matter expert
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field with a minimum of 8 years of gene editing experience in the industry
- Proven leadership and management experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Strong background in gene editing technologies including CRISPR/TALEN/ZFN
- Experience with bioinformatics
- Prior experience with IND, NDA, or BLA is strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of Immunology and/or Cancer Biology
- A strong academic career with high caliber publications in peer-reviewed journals is preferred
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong people management skills and ability to build, influence and lead a team
- Self-motivating and creative, able to work within a team and collaborate proficiently with colleagues to achieve program goals
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The transition from standing and sitting often.
- Specific vision for this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Will require working with cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origin.
- Will require working with hazardous materials.
- Work in and around common laboratory equipment.
- The regular requirements of an office environment (computers, computer screens, workstations, etc.) apply when not working in or around a laboratory environment.
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
- Evening and weekend work as necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Visit our website to find out more about Shoreline Biosciences: https://www.shorelinebio.com/.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY
Shoreline Biosciences, Inc., is proud to be an EEO Employer.