Strategic Planning & Operations Senior Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Strategic Planning & Operations Senior ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will partner with the VP of Oncology to drive and implement strategies, goals and initiatives.
- Support the VP in strategy development, execution of organizational plans and proactive preparation of deliverables
- Act as a advisor on key activities and issues
- Drive Functional goal setting and initiatives, and track & report progress
- Proactively identify and drive resolution of issues within the Function, cross-functionally, and communicating with the other regional SP&Os as needed
- Support development and execution of communication plan
- Drive internal and external presentation development, including Operating/Business Reviews, All-Staff presentations, & reports on business performance
- Represent the business strategy for the Function and partner with key stakeholders, collaborating on strategies for successful launch and life cycle management planning
- Coordination of Leadership Team and regional meetings to achieve strategic objectives
- Identify, lead or contribute to cross-departmental/functional strategic initiatives/process improvement opportunities
- Assist in interactions at senior level forums as needed (e.g., joint leadership forums)
- Lead functional/cross-functional review committees as required
- Drive effective decision-making within the Leadership Team and Function
- Partner with Global Medical Operations to support process roll-out
- Lead innovation to drive staff engagement, support staff development, establish recognition programs; identify and implement platforms for learning and standard methodology sharing
- Resource management; budget management; business operations; process oversight ; Alliance, distributor and vendor management; regional business/cross-functional initiatives and workstreams; process improvement workstreams; capabilities lead; training needs and solutions
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The dedicated professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications.Minimum Requirements
- Doctorate degree & 4 years of directly related experience Or
- Masters degree & 8 years of directly related experience Or
- Bachelors degree & 10 years of directly related experience
- MBA, Masters Degree, PhD, or PharmD
- Work experience in life sciences or medically related field, including research and development experience in biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industry
- Pharma/Biotech industry knowledge with focus on R&D
- Knowledge to represent and evaluate strategies for Function and to critically evaluate advice
- Knowledge of GxP, FDA and international regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical compliance
- Project management/project planning experience supervising program results, budgets, and timelines
- Previous management experience (of direct reports and management level staff)
- Experience writing and presenting to Senior Executive audience
- Experience leading teams in a matrix environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including listening & presentation skills
- Conceptual and strategic thinking skills; can take concepts and execute independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to work across the matrix
- Track record of establishing positive relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to optimally prioritize a diverse workload to meet deadlines, and client expectations
- Effectively lead cross-functional teams and to influence without authority
- Work optimally as a member of a team, maintaining the strictest confidentiality
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems
- Professional collaboration and leadership skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and sense of accountability and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to rapidly decide and act in the absence of all the information
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.