Purchase Based Contract Rebate Analyst
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Title: Financial Analyst
The Purchase Based Contract Rebate Analyst, is responsible for accurately administering purchased based pricing, membership, admin fees and rebates for Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Physicians and Hospitals. Activities associated with direct and indirect contractual and arrangements with customers including proper evaluation and interpretation of contractual terms and conditions.
Position will be responsible for ensuring that contractual terms and conditions are updated and maintained within Allergan’s Revenue Management System and that all admin fee and rebate claims are accurately validated, processed and paid in a timely basis. Contractual obligations for admin fees and rebates to be completed with detailed calculations and analysis.
The Purchased Based Contract Rebate Analyst, works cross-functionally with internal colleagues in Commercial Marketing, Managed Markets Account Management, Contracting, Accounts Payable, Customer Service, Business Technology and Revenue Accounting. Additionally, position interacts directly with Allergan’s customers to facilitate review and resolution of contract or claim issues.
Position is responsible for the analysis of approximately 20 Purchase Based contracts. This includes over 40 administrative fees and rebates for GPOs and committed tier price programs.
- Accurately enter and maintain contracts for various market segments into Allergan’s Revenue Management System, to ensure accurate data and meaningful management reporting and admin fee / rebate adjudication.
- Conduct peer review sessions for contract builds and payments in Allergan’s Revenue Management System.
- Responsible for the proper evaluation and interpretation of Purchase Based contracts to ensure payments are made accurately and timely as per the terms and conditions of the contracts.
- Responsible for the detailed analysis and validation of claim data and the calculation of payments.
- Ensure timely execution of admin fees / rebates and provide clear and open communication to team members, customers and account representatives.
- Responsible for maintaining an effective customer focus: communicating with and providing claim supporting documentation to external and internal customers.
- Responsible for the analysis and resolution of disputed admin fees / rebates claim data.
- Maintain systems and tracking logs for contracts and claim processing for review by fellow analysts and management.
- Ability to devise new approaches, methods and systems in response to the changing purchase based environment. Possess the ability to test and understand the functionality of the Allergan Revenue Management System and understand the interrelationships between the various functional applications including SAP.
- Participate and/or contribute to special projects as needed.
- Responsible for adhering to all company and departmental policies and procedures.
•Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
•Minimum 2+ years of related finance or accounting experience.
•Strong communication skills and customer support.
•Proficient Excel skills required, experience with TM1 and SAP preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.