Postdoc- Postdoctoral Fellow - Single cell CITE-seq analyses to reveal mechanisms of Jak
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Postdoc- Postdoctoral Fellow - Single cell CITE-seq analyses to reveal mechanisms of Jak inhibition on synovial fibroblasts in rheumatoid arthritis as well as extend and compare to fibroblasts in fibrotic disease 2100611
The Postdoctoral Program is designed for true investigational and experimental research to advance scientific training in a biopharmaceutical setting while continuing to contribute to the scientific community with peer reviewed publications. Participants will be mentored by renowned industry scientists and collaborators at AbbVie and focused on delivering cutting-edge advancements in Discovery, Development Sciences and BioPharma. The enriching training program offers a balance of structured learning and work experience which fosters a learning environment to advance individual development with accessibility to high-level knowledge building across the drug development continuum. Technical expert that will investigate, identify, develop and optimize new methods/ techniques to address critical project needs. Continuously seek to improve existing laboratory methods and processes. Read and adapt literature to accomplish assignments. Demonstrate mastery of broad range of experimental techniques and methods of data analysis.
To be successful, we need outstanding individuals willing to challenge themselves to find the best solutions for our patients. The AbbVie Postdoc program is one way we are doing just that.
Through our Postdoc program, we are hiring postdocs from key academic institutions for preferred areas of science in the U.S., while providing a unique opportunity for participants to build a solid career foundation in the pharmaceutical industry while building the AbbVie brand as an employer of choice for scientific talent. The program offers a balance of structured learning and work experience, with accessibility to high-level knowledge building across the drug development continuum. This assignment is expected to be two years and no more than three years.
We are looking for the incoming Postdoc class to join AbbVie as the company is positioning itself for another significant year of growth and of the continuing advancement of its patient-driven science and its strategic priorities. In a collaborative, resource rich environment, you and your scientific mentors will be exploring, targeting, investigating, and evaluating key areas of novel research with a publication as the end point. We have a unique postdoctoral opportunity to work with a cross-disciplinary team from Translation Immunology based in Worcester MA and Immunology Systems Computational Biology group based in Cambridge MA. The Ttranslational Immunology group specializes in advancing therapies through interrogation of patient-derived tissues and clinical biomarker identification. Immunology Systems Computational Biology group focuses on the high-throughput omics data analyses for the drug target identification. The candidate will have the opportunity to receive training which combines conducting laboratory experiments to generate high dimensional molecular profiling data and performing the computational analyses on that data. This work is aimed to not only advance our understanding of the succesful treatment mechanisms in autoimmunity, but also potentially advance these mechanisms into the field of fibrosis..
- Conduct in vitro and in vivo experiments
- Perform flow cytometric and protein analysis as part of the optimization of the model systems
- Generate single cell CITE-seq data from in vitro and in vivo studies
- Learn and develop novel systems biology approaches to analyze the single cell CITE-seq data
- Effectively write and communicate research findings
- Proactively seek out new information in the literature and incorporate this into individual experiments and overall project
- Publish research in peer-reviewed journals and present work at scientific conferences aligned with business objectives
- Successful completion and defense of a PhD in immunology or cell biology field and/or with computational biology skills. Minimum graduate school GPA 3.0; 3.5 preferred. Graduate of accredited and nationally ranked university
- Experience with cellular in-vitro and/or in-vivo models.
- Molecular biology experience (qPCR, RNAseq, library preparation, etc.) and scientific understanding of systems biology and related analysis tools. Experience with CITEseq, sequencing and/or computational skills are a plus.
- Strong collaborative, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Work authorization in the U.S.
- Three letters of recommendation (including Thesis Advisor).
- Letter of intent to pursue Postdoc.
- Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages to reality
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.