Associate Director, Employee Relations
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Director, Employee Relations will be responsible for executing the delivery of employee relations services to employees and managers in the US. This position will provide a single point of contact for efficiently providing highly accessible expert employee relations interface across multiple businesses. The Associate Director, Employee Relations will be responsible for proactive and responsive approaches to employee relations issues that support a positive and productive work environment. This position ensures compliance with all relevant country laws, regulations, policies and practices.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide expert consultative and problem solving services to managers, employees, Business HR and OEC partner regarding HR policies and practices.
- Directly lead a team of employee relations managers/specialists
- Independently resolve policy & practice inquiries, performance management, workplace accommodations, ER investigations, and other assigned cases.
- Effectively and accurately maintains confidential ER data in both systems and other filing mechanisms.
- Ensure professional service is provided at all times in accordance with the expectations and guidelines of the ER department.
- Define, lead and/or manage projects, which may include multi-functional teams.
- Create and deliver ER training to a variety of audiences in the business.
- Knowledge must address diverse and difficult problems or situations across multiple businesses.
- Considered the subject matter expert on a broad range of ER policies and practices.
- Effective at translating broader principles or the spirit of the guidelines / practices to the current situation and determine recommendation.
- Anticipates, identifies and meets internal and external customer needs/expectations.
- Effectively anticipates the unintended consequences and broader impact of decisions.
- Build and foster relationships with the business. Manages expectations and delivers results.
- Work closely with customers to jointly design solutions, balancing business, employee and legal needs.
- Identifies critical factors in a particular situation, identifies alternate courses of action and makes recommendations based upon all available facts.
- Facilitates gaining alignment from multiple functions and resolves disagreements independently Appropriately documents information related to cases and recommended outcomes.
- Takes a broad view of the problem looking at all alternatives and assesses impact on other groups before applying a solution.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and execute to achieve favorable outcomes.
- Ability to identify and manage risk.
- Manage metrics and reporting for the team
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Employee Relations or related field. Master’s in Business or related field preferred.
- Strong organizational skills that include taking appropriate action to move open cases forward to resolution in a timely manner.
- Knowledge in MS Office – Windows environment.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ work experience in Employee Relations and/or Business HR experience
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.