BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Research Associate I will function to perform regular cell culture activities required for bioassay and viral assay development. The selected Research Associate may also support or work directly on generation and qualification of critical reagents for bioassays and viral assays, functional comparisons of cell banks, and projects focused on bioassay and viral assay development and automation.
• Directly support bioassay teams through cell culture maintenance.
• Contribute to bioassay and viral assay development and qualification.
• Work effectively with manager to coordinate cell culture requirements for mutliple projects.
• At least 2+ years of experience in a bioanalytical laboratory, research laboratory, or biotechnology company.
• Skills with cell culture, basic molecular biology, and other bioanalytical methods required, skills with viral assays preferred.
• Excellent verbal communications skills.
• Experience in routine maintenance and testing of cell cultures, bioassay development and testing required.
Bachelor’s or equivalent experience with immunoassays or other quantitative bioanalytical methods in a biological or biochemical field.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.