Sr. Financial Analyst, Technical Operations
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This role will be a key member of the TOPS (Technical Operations) Finance group and act as a business partner with the Manufacturing and Quality teams. This position has the exposure to functional leaders, is expected to provide insightful business advices in optimizing operating expenses, capital expenditures, strategic resources planning; improving headcount/costing models and constantly seeking to value-add to current process, information system, and business growth. The owner of this role is responsible for performing monthly and ad-hoc financial analysis, quarterly forecasting, and annual budgeting by supporting corporate accounting team on closing tasks and working closely with the business to lead the FP&A activities for the assigned business areas.
A successful candidate would not only have a good understanding in costing, a strong technical skill in financial analysis but also brings business acumen and a high sense of integrity and ownership.
- FP&A: Lead the periodic forecasting, planning and analysis for the assigned business functional areas.
- Support COGM (Cost of Goods Manufactured) and COGS (Cost of Goods Sold) forecast and budget processes
- Monthly and Quarterly closing support: Support the Cost Accounting team and the North America Accounting team to ensure the key activities are recorded correctly based on US GAAP, by working with the business partners to understand and properly communicate the natures of the business activities and follow through the communication
- Business Partnership: Develop relationships and become a trusted finance business partner across Technical Operations. Collaborate with business partners and FP&A team members to understand business activities, how they translate to the financial plan and develop recommendations.
- Reporting - Produce and distribute monthly/quarterly metrics reporting for review with operational and finance partners. Support executive level reporting. Help develop next generation reporting tools, data visualizations and processes.
- Continuous improvement – Support ongoing business process improvements, including process and technology improvements
- 3+ years of relevant financial planning and analysis experience
- Understanding of accounting principles, procedure and internal controls
- Strong leadership, interpersonal skills, with the ability to resolve conflict, drive consensus, and reach conclusions.
- High attention to detail and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Energetic, dynamic individual with hands on mentality
- Self-starter, knowing how to prioritize given responsibilities
- Intellectually curious, self- motivated, result oriented, collaborative, and comfortable to deal with ambiguity
- Advance in MS Excel and/or any analytic tools
- Experience with financial and ERP systems such as Oracle, Hyperion Planning, Smart View, Anaplan
Preferred credentials but not required:
- Advanced degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance or any quantitative majors
- CPA and/or CMA