Sr R&D Applications Scientist
Title – Senior R&D Applications Scientist Biological/Life Sciences
About the company
Cellsonics is a pioneer in the application of ultrasonic energy technology for single cell research. Our SimpleFlowTM system provides unique advantages in the preparation of biological samples for single cell isolation and analysis.
We have reengineered single cell sample preparation to rapidly dissociate viable, heterogeneous cell populations from solid tissue without changing their transcriptome signature from the natural state of the tissue. Using patented Bulk Lateral Ultrasonic (BLUTM) energy, Cellsonics’ hands-free SimpleFlow system automatically delivers viable cells in suspension in 10 minutes or less without the use of enzymes – that’s right, no enzymes or incubation to impair cell surface markers or compromise the transcriptomic integrity of cells.
Cellsonics is an early-stage commercial company based in the Silicon Valley that has developed and is launching the SimpleFlow System to enable single cell research labs to obtain viable, heterogeneous cell populations without compromising the valuable data in each sample.
Cellsonics is seeking a dedicated and talented full-time Senior R&D Applications Scientist to join the team. Candidates should send resume with their background and experience in the Biological/Life sciences.
The Senior R&D Applications Scientist will lead the applications team developing new tissue dissociation protocols and demonstrating the advantages of the SimpleFlow platform in single cell sample preparation and downstream data analysis including scRNA sequencing and flow cytometry.
The successful candidate will work well independently, as well as part of a high performing cross functional team focused on the successful commercialization of the SimpleFlow platform in the high growth single cell research market.
The position will report to the Head of R&D and must have the experience and maturity to deliver on commitments and timelines.
This is a great opportunity for learning and growth in a fast-growing biotech company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in collaboration with Scientists, Research associates and group members
- The successful candidate should have strong experience in molecular and cell biology techniques
- Cell Biology based sample preparation processes including tissue dissociation, cell culture, FACS and scRNA-seq analyses
- Manage lab facilities, inventory, aiding with product development and for managing and leading individual projects
- Work independently, efficaciously, be well organized, and communicate effectively.
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in Life Sciences preferred. Minimum Bachelors degree with 5 years, or Masters degree with 2 years life science background. Strong immunology and/or cancer-related research experience is preferred.
- Individual who can learn new skills and concepts quickly and contribute to the development of our knowledge base at large.
- Individual should have demonstrated experience in a wet laboratory setting e.g. Mammalian cell culture techniques, cryopreservation, cell counting etc. Experience in tumor biology, flow cytometry (panel design, immune-staining and analyses). NGS-data analyses is a plus
- Has developed new methods or technologies and protocols
- Good organization, planning, and critical thinking with an excellent attention to detail, strong documentation skills, and ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal).
- Comfortable working both independently and as a team member
Job Type: Regular, full-time
Work Location: On-site