Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist - Molecular Biology/Biochemistry
Arcus Biosciences is an exciting growth company founded on the vision of creating best-in-class cancer therapies. We are an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company leveraging its deep cross-discipline expertise to discover highly differentiated therapies and develop a broad portfolio of novel combinations addressing significant unmet needs.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Research Associate/Associate Scientist to join our growing Protein Sciences group. This role is expected to conduct lab work to support protein production and interact closely with other staff within the research organization.
- Expected to conduct independent lab work
- Maintain cell lines for protein production
- Independent design and optimization of protein expression and protein analytical assays for multiple projects
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology, Cellular biology, Biochemistry or other related field with 4 – 8 years of experience. Title will be commensurate with experience.
- Strong technical expertise in molecular biology techniques such as construct design, DNA isolation, cloning, and vector engineering for recombinant protein expression
- Extensive experience in microbial, insect and mammalian cell culture for protein expression
- Hands-on experience running protein analytical assays including SDS-PAGE, Western blot, ELISA
- Experience with baculovirus and lentivirus production is highly desirable
- Ability to multi-task and work flexibly with a high sense of urgency in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
Arcus Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer