Shoreline Biosciences, Inc. (Shoreline), a biotechnology company developing intelligently designed allogeneic off-the-shelf, standardized, and targeted cellular immunotherapies derived from induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) for cancer and other serious diseases. Shoreline Biosciences is seeking outstanding and highly motivated candidates to join our growing team at the Controller level. The Controller is responsible for the management of the overall accounting activities within the organization; develops and maintains accounting principles, practices, and procedures; and manages the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. The Controller will supervise and mentor staff accountant(s); addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities, including general ledger preparation, financial statements, year-end audit preparation, and the support of budget and forecast activities. This will be a full-time position located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA. The level of the position and compensation package will be competitive and tailored to the specific level of the candidate.
- Manage the month-end close process; responsible for accounting and reporting, including all GL and supporting activities.
- Review/approve/post entries into the GL and AP module
- Responsible for monthly cash flow analysis and support excess cash investment activities; maintain adequate operating cash levels, including weekly cash reports.
- Responsible for a wide variety of accounting, financial, benefit, and operational analyses as requested, including narrative support.
- Responsible for system implementations
- Work closely with stakeholders to implement a budget process – be a business partner to the R&D organization.
- Responsible for the establishment, operation, and updating of internal controls, including narrative standard operating procedure documentation and communication thereof with employees.
- Prepare informal monthly actual-to-budget analysis, including monthly projections.
- Prepare quarterly financial statements, including BS and P&L flux analysis, to support MD&A.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Analyzes market and competition.
- Prepare all annual insurance renewals.
- Manage audits, tax provision, and tax returns.
- Prepare & file Business Property Tax and Use Tax filings.
- Oversee weekly check runs, including wire transfers.
- Handle vendor correspondence and inquires, primary interface with service providers.
- Supervise the activities of the Accounting Staff.
- Support CFO and senior management team on special projects, as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 12 years of experience as an accountant, preferably in pharmaceutical/biotech
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing accounting staff.
- Experience working with senior-level managers, exercising professionalism & discretion.
- Outstanding communication, organizational and interpersonal skills; strong customer service
- Strong detail orientation with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Proactively manage tasks and workloads; flexible, able to adapt/adjust with short notice.
- Capable of making good judgments anticipate needs, and the ability to work independently.
- Maintain positive, professional relationships with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with QuickBooks, Concur, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The transition from standing and sitting often.
- Specific vision for this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Visit our website to find out more about Shoreline Biosciences: https://www.shorelinebio.com/.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY
Shoreline Biosciences, Inc. is proud to be an EEO Employer.