Associate Director, Project Management
NextCure is a growing clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company located in Beltsville focused on discovering and developing first-in-class immunomedicines for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. We are seeking a highly motivated person to manage all aspects of NextCure’s product development projects. While working in a matrix organization, the successful candidate will thrive and adapt to a fast-paced environment, where they will interface with Development, Research, Clinical, and Business functional units to drive project completion. NextCure is committed to professional development in the context of learning, managing, and developing its employees. We create a unique environment for our employees, providing exposure to various facets of our operations cultivating career growth and development.
- Responsible for overall project knowledge and management
- Continuously analyze and manage risks, conduct contingency planning, and perform critical path analysis, to enable successful project completion.
- Execute project strategic plans from IND through commercialization on a global scale.
- Manage cross-functional resources, teams, and project budgets required to successfully drive projects and initiatives.
- Use project management software and other tools and templates to keep projects on critical path and agreed upon timelines.
- Facilitate project communications and documentation, regularly communicating project progress, issues, risks, and resource availability to key stakeholders.
- Ensure program and product development efforts complies to established practices, policies, and internal processes.
- Continue to refine and optimize project management and product development processes and methodologies to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Connect project objectives to broader organizational goals.
- Participate in business development meetings, due diligence sessions, and negotiations.
- Engage in special, value-added projects.
Required education and experience
- PhD degree in biological or chemical sciences, or related discipline, required.
- MBA and Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in pharmaceutical/biotech field.
- 5-10 years demonstrated experience in product development project management role.
- Strong knowledge of project management software tools including scheduling, communication, planning, risk plans, resource plans, and action item trackers.
- Experience in biopharmaceutical project management.
- Organized, results-oriented, and proactive and strategic thinker.
- Working knowledge of product development.
- Ability to lead and achieve results by influence alone.
- Proven track record in planning and executing preclinical/early clinical and late-stage projects
- Strong knowledge of the key business drivers and considerations in the biotech, pharmaceutical, and /or life science industries.
- Knowledge and understanding of research, discovery, preclinical, clinical, manufacturing, commercial and regulatory areas.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to set priorities, deliver on commitments while managing high workload.
- Strong communication skills written and verbal including presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and passionate about innovation.
NextCure is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package in a scientifically engaged team work environment