Associate Director New Product Planning
NextCure is a growing clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company located in Beltsville focused on discovering and developing first-in-class immunomedicines for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. We are seeking a highly motivated person responsible for assessment of our clinical stage assets and internal portfolio creating the commercial vision and global strategy for both pre-clinical and clinical therapeutics. The candidate will join a rapidly growing company focused on product development with the opportunity to directly impact NextCure’s long-term success. While working in a matrix organization, the successful candidate will thrive and adapt to a fast-paced environment, with a passion for developing novel therapies.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams to establish Target Product Profiles and determine early product positioning and strategic fit globally.
- Conduct primary and secondary market research to understand disease epidemiology, market environment, patient segmentation, patient journey, key competitors' strategy and activities, and customers' needs.
- Partner with Research and Development colleagues to shape the disease areas to pursue for each program.
- Work effectively across the company to ensure appropriate alignment with all key portfolio initiatives and priorities.
- Presents detailed analysis and insights in a manner that is easily interpreted and aids strategic and tactical decision making.
- Evaluate business development opportunities, with revenue forecast and NPV analysis, to identify value drivers and provide evidence-based rationales for decisions.
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; MBA, PharmD, or PhD in biological or chemical sciences preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, with experience in new product planning, commercial, or strategic roles.
- Oncology disease area knowledge/experience required. Experience with biologics preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the drug development and clinical trial process, including the Product Development and Commercialization Process.
- Excellent communication skills and strong analytical skills required to understand scientific and financial data, recognize key business issues, and prepare high-level presentations for senior executive staff review.
- Proficient in primary/secondary market research
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proven track record of success showing strong strategic thinking, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent learning capability and aspiration for excellence.
- Proven ability to collaborate, operate and influence cross-functionally and cross-culturally.
NextCure is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package in a scientifically engaged teamwork environment.