Biomarker Operations Manager/Sr. Manager–Translational Science
Arcus Biosciences is founded on the vision of creating new cancer therapeutics through the utilization of unexploited targets in immunology. The company was formed in 2015 by a group of seasoned researchers from the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. Arcus is an ambitious undertaking, and we expect our company to become a force in the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel therapies for the treatment of cancer. The position offers a unique professional opportunity to gain in-depth exposure to industrial drug discovery and development from a proven research team.
We have an opening for a Biomarker Operations Manager/Sr. Manager with expertise in clinical sample collection and logistics to work independently and collaboratively with members of the Translational team including Pharmacodynamics, Immunohistochemistry and Clinical teams. This position is critical to enable the evaluation of patient samples from Arcus’ antibody and small molecule combination clinical studies and will contribute meaningfully to the development of tomorrow’s medicines from our headquarters at Hayward in the SF Bay Area. Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Scientists, Biomarker Leads and Clinical Operations (Clin Ops) on tumor and blood sample collections, sample reconciliation and clinical trial documents (protocols, lab manuals, SOW, ICF)
- Creates sample flow charts and is responsible for sample logistics at vendors and labs (testing and storage)
- Collaborates with Clin Ops on site trainings for biomarker collections as needed
- Supports Clin Ops with biomarker sample and testing questions from sites, IRBs, ethics committees
- Sets up data transfer specs with input from Biomarker lead/scientist and coordinates data transfers
- Responsible for managing vendor contracts, budgets and timelines including companion diagnostics partnerships
- Represents Translational Science function at study management team meetings
This position requires excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills, coupled with aptitude and enthusiasm for collaboration and maintaining the integrity of our complex clinical trial sample collections and records. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, along with a solutions-based approach, flexibility, and the ability to focus and deliver on time-sensitive objectives.
The successful manager candidate will have a minimum of BS or MS or equivalent education in a scientific field and, at least 5 years of industry experience with clinical sample collections and logistics, including management of both peripheral blood and tumor biopsy samples across multiple clinical trials simultaneously.
Arcus Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer.