Senior Fixed Assets Accountant
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Sr. Fixed Assets Accountant will be responsible for deliverables critical to the Company’s financial close through applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze, record, reconcile and report the company’s financial results. The successful candidate will be an experienced accountant reporting to the Fixed Assets Manager. Candidate should be able to multi-task and work both independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment and be a strong collaborator with peers. Candidate must possess a strong desire to learn, grow and develop their skills while providing enhancement to the current accounting function. Attention to detail and good analytical skills are essential.
Main responsibilities include analysis and processing Fixed Assets transactions and other monthly accounting close processes. This role will partner with the business, project managers and Finance teams in order to gain proper understanding of operating transactions and financial statement components. Perform variance analysis and ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretations. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including the monthly accounting close and financial statement preparation cycle, quarterly external audit, SOX compliance activities and ongoing business process transformation activities.
• Review and approve Fixed Assets requisitions in accordance to Fixed Assets policy and GAAP, including reviewing coding and capitalization appropriateness.
• Review and process Fixed Assets transactions weekly in accordance to Fixed Assets policy, procedures and defined timelines.
• Process Construction in Progress items and performing reconciliation of all Fixed Assets Clearing accounts against mass additions table in sub-ledger weekly.
• Analyze fixed assets by project to assess reasonableness based on information from project managers.
• Liaise with business managers to receive all necessary data attributes for Fixed Assets accounting.
• Reviews quarterly Construction in Process inquiries for projects statuses for accounting booking.
• Provide guidance to the business and FP&A on Fixed Assets accounting, including presentations and training.
• Participate in process transformation and efficiencies to include identifying areas for streamlining and improvements
• Contract review to determine the correct US GAAP Accounting
• Completion of 10Q and 10K disclosure support for submission to the External reporting team
Month-end close of Fixed Assets sub-ledger duties include analyzing, recording and reporting on fixed assets in accordance with GAAP, completing processing of fixed asset additions and any research and communications required to properly perform these duties by defined timelines.
Perform monthly reconciliation of Fixed Assets and Intangibles between sub-ledgers and general ledger.
Perform monthly Fixed Assets and Intangibles variance analysis.
Prepare quarterly and annual external reporting schedules such as Fixed Assets and Intangibles rollforwards, cashflows, and SOX audit support work papers. Support external and SOX auditors, as well as other general accounting tasks.
Prepare and analyze Fixed Assets metrics.
Ad-hoc reporting for Senior Management and special projects as required.Skills
A minimum of 4 years general finance and accounting experience in a publicly traded company or audit practice of a CPA firm, including minimum 2 years working in a role with direct general ledger and financial close responsibilities.
Excellent follow-through and communication skills and ability to work independently and in a complex and fast-paced environment.
Advanced experience with Excel, ERP system experience required as related to general ledger, close and consolidation (Oracle EBS R12 and HFM preferred).Education
Bachelor’s in Business Administration, with an emphasis in Accounting
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.