Principal, Portfolio & Project Management
Who we are
Founded in 2006, 23andMe is the leader in using genetic data to revolutionize health and wellness through diagnosis and prevention as well as drug discovery and development for the treatment of most human diseases. The company has pioneered direct access to genetic information which has allowed consumers to understand and benefit from their own human genome.
23andMe has created the world's largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80% of its customers electing to participate. The 23andMe research platform has generated more than 180 publications on the genetic underpinnings of a wide range of diseases, conditions, and traits. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery and development programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas.
We are seeking an exceptional Portfolio and Project Management professional to manage one or more complex and/or high-profile programs and lead pan-portfolio operational projects. This position requires a scientific background and significant project management experience in drug discovery and development. This role will report to the Therapeutics Portfolio and Project Management Lead.
What you’ll do
- Partner with scientific and/or clinical project team leaders and manage multiple therapeutic projects to successful and timely decision points from early and late research phases through clinical development.
- Manage collaboration projects with industry partners. Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to define deliverables and ensure they are within the established scope, timeline, and budget.
- Establish and maintain functionally integrated project timelines and ensure accurate inputs are provided by all functional leads. Ensure alignment with functional representatives and overall program and company goals.
- Prepare and track project team budgets including resources and costs.
- Oversee Contract Research Organization operational process, including assessment and ongoing management of CROs.
- Facilitate project core team meetings, strategic discussions, and decision making, ensuring functional alignment with team members and other key stakeholders.
- Facilitate cross-functional project communication.
- Document, track, and archive project team activities and decisions. Work closely with the scientific/clinical project lead, act as primary contact for project team-related information, and develop project updates/reports in a concise manner for upper management and external stakeholders.
- Provide regular competitive assessments of our current and future Therapeutic programs and specific therapeutic areas.
- Lead and/or help develop key operational initiatives for the Therapeutics team (e.g., budget planning process, time tracking, portfolio management, communications).
What you’ll bring
- MS or Ph.D. in a life sciences discipline
- 7+ years of direct project management experience in the biotech/pharma industry
- Extensive knowledge of the drug discovery and development process. Experience managing drug development programs from early and late-stage research phases through early development is required
- Experience with managing IND preparation strategy and timelines a must
- Experience with large molecule development
- Strong ability to lead cross-functional teams, understand and help teams to prioritize, and provide strategic and operational guidance
- Expert skills in conflict management and resolution, influencing, facilitation, and negotiation
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to independently set and meet deadlines and motivate others to meet deadlines without formal authority and with minimal supervision
- Strong ability to manage a range of complex, high-impact projects simultaneously
- Ability to proactively identify issues or challenges from a scientific, legal, privacy, or business perspective
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish a positive work environment and build important relationships with cross-functional team and other stakeholders
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Experience with Google Suite/Apps a plus
Note: This position is equivalent to an Associate Director level.
Founded in 2006, 23andMe's mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.