Eurofins DiscoverX Products, LLC is a leader in providing innovative solutions to the pharmaceutical industry by developing, manufacturing, and commercializing cell lines, cell-based assay kits, and supporting reagents. The holder of this position will be responsible for development of new cell lines and bioassays to support product development and client-driven custom projects.
- Responsible for manufacture and optimization of assay-ready cells to support development of custom bioassays for diverse DiscoverX assay formats.
- Participates as one of several analysts to perform assay qualification of custom bioassays with client therapeutic agent, generating the required data within timelines defined by client
- Reviews own assay qualification (or other experimental) results and confirms accuracy before submitting to supervisor / project lead for inclusion in study results / reports
- Provides appropriate documentation and technical support for downstream users of custom bioassays including contribution of detailed protocols for user manuals, custom methods, and/ or client reports.
- Provides detailed cell lot manufacturing / cell culturing information to operations team, and trains others to perform assay-ready cell manufacturing as needed
- Performs new assay development as needed to facilitate rapid development of novel assays for Eurofins DiscoverX product portfolio or custom development projects
- Presents results in both written and oral format and delivers data and/or reports to appropriate stakeholders within a multidisciplinary team environment in a timely fashion
- Accurately documents experimental procedures and results in the ELN and stores data on appropriate secure data servers in accordance with company policy
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the smooth functioning of shared laboratory spaces and equipment
- Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timelines
- Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies quality principles in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner, adhering to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Experience with flow cytometry for characterization of surface markers strongly preferred
- Experience handling or isolation/purification of immune cells (e.g. PBMCs, NK and CD4+ / CD8+ T cells) desirable
- Experience performing quantitative target cell killing assays (e.g. ADCC, CDC, and T- cell redirection) desirable
- Experience with data analysis packages such as SoftMaxPro/PLA module or PLA 3.0 for parallel line analysis strongly preferred
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- BS/MS in cell biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or related field with a minimum of 6 years of industry experience.
- Extensive mammalian cell culture expertise with including HEK, CHO and U2OS, as well as diverse cancer cell models
- Assay development expertise with various functional assay readouts (e.g. cAMP, reporter gene assays, etc.)
- Experience running or developing bioassays for potency or lot release applications strongly preferred
- Experience with data analysis packages such as GraphPad Prism, Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel required
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and productively in a fast-paced, highly collaborative and diverse team environment.
- Eagerness to develop, learn and adopt new methods
- Strong collaborative and communication skills, proactive attitude and critical problem-solving abilities
- Must be detail oriented and consistent in experimental approach.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, efficient and able to multitask.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, CA are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.