Scientific Project Leader
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins DiscoverX is searching for a Scientific Project Leader.
- This person will have a strong background and track record in preclinical drug discovery. This position is accountable for being the scientific project lead for drug discovery projects. They will routinely interfacing with Eurofins Discovery business lines (BL), operations, scientific project teams and client to design, plan, and execute DiscoveryOne integrated drug discovery projects. Monitoring and influencing project progress and strategy. Participate in goal-oriented meetings, while capturing action items, updating documentation, and ensuring that goals and objectives are met. This individual will facilitate planning against the budget, timelines, and work plans.
- Work with the Business Development team to consult with the client as to their requirements, research, help prepare and deliver client integrated drug discovery proposals containing, where required, screening cascade/work flow design – requiring interaction with client, BL key stakeholders and key experts from sites within Eurofins Discovery including pricing team.
- Monitor and control progress of projects and activities across the relevant sites to ensure timely delivery of data, project milestones and productive relationships with clients.
- Identify impediments/risks to meeting timelines, budgets or achieving milestones and support the project team in reaching solutions satisfactory to the clients
- Act as the key project contact in regular communications with client’s project matters including scheduling and attending regular project meetings, presenting updates to the client on timelines (Gantt), data delivery, change requests, financial and commercial aspects of the project.
- Support the maintenance of the relevant project management documents, on-line project trackers (SharePoint) and Gantt Charts to support project tracking
- Develops resourcing and budget plans to meet client needs
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Eurofins Discovery capabilities and capacity and the wider capabilities of Eurofins Biopharma Services
- Communicate project status and issues to the management and other stakeholders through meetings and key documents (program timelines, budget breakdowns, vendor management, resourcing etc.)
- Prepare and facilitate the post-project evaluation - ensure lessons learned are shared/implemented across projects and stakeholders as needed, participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Interact with clients, industry peers, suppliers as required. Including customer visits for project meetings and client visits in support of business development.
- Higher degree (MSc or PhD) or equivalent in biological sciences or relevant subject.
- At least 5 years’ experience of drug discovery project leadership in industry – therapeutic area expertise eg oncology/CNS
- Knowledge in time and cost estimate development
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates can work remotely within the UK or the US.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.