Process Development - Associate Scientist - AD
The Associate Scientist will assist in the transfer and development of analytical methods for in-process, and finished product including release testing and testing of critical reagents. This individual will also be involved in assisting with the performance of methods for quantifying virus samples.
- Performance of analytical methods including HPLC, ELISA, gel electrophoresis, PCR, qPCR, Nanosight and protein concentration determination by UV or use of protein quantitation reagents.
- Assist with virus titration methods.
- Routinely follow established analytical protocols and SOPs to produce highly reproducible results.
- Assist with method transfers and method development.
- Prepare buffer solutions and perform other lab duties related to methods development.
- Collect and analyze data, summarize results and generate reports.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook according to company guidelines.
- Maintain analytical instrumentation as needed and interface with external vendors for instrument installation and operation qualifications.
- Work with samples under BSL-1 and BSL-2 guidelines
- Ensure lab is maintained (organized, clean, properly supplied).
- All other duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to perform biochemical assays including SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, HPLC, ELISA, molecular assays such as PCR and qPCR.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate in writing and verbally with internal staff as well as clients.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work assignments with little supervision.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Ability to sit for long periods to work on a computer.
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes, odors, mists, and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a manual pipet and other analytical equipment is required.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat, gloves, specialized clothing including laboratory scrubs (pants and shirt) and appropriate shoes required in most areas associated with this position.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Associate's Degree preferably in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or other related field with minimum 5 years relevant analytical lab experience; OR
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or other related field with minimum 3 years relevant analytical lab experience; OR
- Master's Degree preferably in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or other related field with minimum 1 year relevant analytical lab experience.
- Tissue culture experience
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3500.