Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders. Summary The Manager, Editorial Content will be an integrated member of the Daiichi Sankyo U.S. Corporate Communications team. The incumbent to this role will work with a variety of internal stakeholders to help shape, write, edit and deliver information and content for Daiichi Sankyo's internal and external channels that inform and engage employees and external stakeholders. This individual will be an exceptional writer/editor and act as an "in-house journalist" who is passionate about story telling. Ability to absorb highly complex and scientific information and simplify into relatable, easily understood content is critical. This individual will support strategic efforts to ensure all Daiichi Sankyo employees are informed and connected to the company's culture, mission, and strategy. Responsibilities
- Collaborate productively with teams and individuals across a variety of business functions to advise, write and/or edit internal communications that:
- Are relevant and aligned with company goals and overall strategy,
- Protect against "information overload" and "noise,"
- Leverage story-telling and creativity to engage employees, and
- Leverage internal channels appropriately (intranet, email, weekly newsletter, meetings, etc.)
- Repurpose internal story-mining to write/edit/curate external content for company digital channels, including social media and the company internet.
- Coordinate creative/graphic design/visuals with various agency/vendor support
- Support increased social media engagement by developing dynamic, “shareable” content
- Support the communications team in monitoring and analyzing communications channel metrics and making improvements accordingly (Internal and social media)
Support the communications team in maintenance of editorial calendar
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation. Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)Bachelor's Degree required
Bachelor's Degree communications, journalism or related field preferred preferred Experience Qualifications
- 4 or More Years Experience in a writing, editing or communications role required
- 1 or More Years Experience working across multiple innovative channels and platforms, including social media, video and digital preferred preferred
TravelAbility to travel up to 10% This position will need to periodically travel to medical conferences, remote company meetings, and international trips (Japan or Europe) to participate in global communications conferences and events. Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.