Medical Communications Senior Manager - Neuroscience Therapeutic Area
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Medical Communications Senior Manager Neuroscience Therapeutic AreaLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for communicating scientific information on migraine disease state education to the US healthcare community, while adhering to internal guidelines, SOPs, policies and industry regulations, thus enabling informed decision making for efficient patient care and access to Amgen products.
- Contribute to the medical communications strategy and develop high quality, scientifically rigorous US resources that communicate the science and data on migraine disease state products
- Develop core scientific content (disease state and product-specific) to be used across medical communications deliverables, including Medical Science Liaisons resources
- Understand US regulatory landscape and apply expertise to development of scientific resources
- Monitor and analyze medical insights to inform development of scientific content
- Drive and/or support strategy and scientific content development for scientific meetings, including execution of congress deliverables, disease state education programs, and developing/adapting scientific content for digital platforms
- Drive and/or support strategy and scientific content development for advisory boards
- Develop Medical Information standard response documents and support responses to US Medical Information case escalations
- Analyze medical literature to inform medical strategies and tactics
- Effectively manage use of vendors for content development and manage project-associated budgets
This position offers an opportunity to work in a matrix environment with US and global cross-functional teams that are passionate about supporting Amgens innovative scientific programs. Some travel may be required approximately 10-20%.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The innovative professional we seek is a go-getter with these qualifications.Basic Requirements
- Doctorate degree with 2 or more years of clinical, academic, or industry experience Or
- Masters degree & 6 years of clinical, academic, or industry experience Or
- Bachelors degree & 8 years of clinical, academic, or industry experience
- PharmD, PhD, MD, or DO with 4 or more years of relevant experience in clinical research, patient care, Medical/Scientific Affairs, and/or basic research (Other doctorate degrees may be considered)
- Prior experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development within the biopharmaceutical industry, and/or clinical or research experience in the areas of Inflammation
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical commercialization process and knowledge of the regulatory and legal guidelines affecting promotion of prescription products
- Aptitude in writing and presenting on scientific and clinical data
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, time management, and project planning skills with strong ability for self-direction
- Demonstrated track record of strategic execution in a matrix environment with limited supervision
- The ability to work in teams and interface in a dynamic environment across corporate functions
- Understanding of disease landscape and clinical data to enable critical analysis of scientific literature and communicate implications cross-functionally
- Prior experience of successfully managing consultants and vendors
- Strong computer and database skills, particularly with Microsoft Office product
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.