Senior Scientist II, Biomarkers, DMPK-BA
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Scientist II Biomarkers Department of Drug Metabolism Pharmacokinetics & BioAnalysis (DMPK-BA).
The DMPK-BA Department within AbbVie’s South San Francisco location is seeking a highly motivated and experienced scientist to lead the creation and implementation of pharmacodynamic cell-based assays that promote the development of novel therapies from the bench to the clinic. The desired candidate will work in a highly collaborative environment with the overall objective to incorporate emerging technologies and cutting-edge data analysis tools. In turn, these high-quality cell-based biomarker approaches rapidly inform on biomarker strategy in the preclinical and early clinical trial setting and directly impact phase I clinical dosing decisions.
- Work as part of a highly collaborative interdisciplinary team in an integrated research laboratory.
- Conduct laboratory studies in support of biomarker/diagnostic strategy development and execution of individual immune-oncology and immunology R&D projects.
- Design, implement and monitor biomarker and diagnostic testing as well as data collection in early pre-clinical and clinical trials.
- Interact with cross-functional teams to establish productive collaborations.
- Support bioinformatic FACS data analysis platforms to improve upon existing data analysis approaches.
- Doctoral degree in Pharmacology, Genetics, Immunology, Cell Biology, Cancer Biology or Molecular Biology would be desirable.
- Recent PhD graduates with 0-3 years postdoctoral experience are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated expertise in immunology research.
- Proficiency in a wide range of immunological laboratory techniques, including flow cytometric analysis (FACS).
- Ability to communicate scientific concepts and strategies effectively in a science setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to work across functions and across sites, and within academic and biotech collaborations.
- Highly desirable skills in bioinformatics including basic coding skills in R and/or Python
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.