RESEARCH ASSOCIATE 1 OR 2 (BRIS 2.105)
This lab-based position will be focused on developing and utilizing robust cell-based models to enable the exploration of novel biological pathways and the advancement of our Ocular programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for experimental design, execution and analysis, as well as presentations in project team and departmental meetings. In collaboration with other Discovery team members, this individual will play a key role in supporting the advancement of therapeutic candidates (small molecules, biologics or nucleic acids) through the generation of decision-driving data using rigorous and well controlled studies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct experience in developing in vitro assays (both cellular and biochemical) to interrogate molecular target engagement and downstream physiological endpoints.
- Transfection with lipid-based methods and electroporation to screen oligonucleotides in primary cells.
- Culture and maintenance of cell lines (including primary cells)
- Data generation using Western Blot, ELISAs, qPCR, immunofluorescence, live cell imaging (Incucyte), etc.
- Careful and critical data analysis, statistical analysis, with rigorous data documentation with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Graphpad Prism, and electronic lab notebook (Dotmatics).
- Work closely and collaboratively with a small team of individuals within a larger 31-person research department.
- Experience with primary mammalian cell lines, biosafety level 2 (BSL2) practices and equipment.
- Clear, direct communication skills with a diligent eye for details and an underlying curiosity.
- Must demonstrate a strong work ethic based in integrity, collaboration, and an open dialogue.
Education and Experience
- Degree in molecular or cellular biology, biochemistry, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of relevant industry/academic lab-based experience OR Master’s with 0-2 years of relevant lab experience
Nice to have
- Top candidate will have established knowledge of ELISA, qPCR, and Western Blotting
- Familiarity with cellular senescence is a plus
- Liquid handling machinery (TECAN, Hamilton, etc.) or laboratory automation experience